“Traffic Jam”

Red Roof Inn Port Allen
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Port Allen
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Great place, very clean. Small Casino right next door. they have penny slots. Beer is cheaper when you play..lol. Pulled off highway there just too tired. Room was very good. Gas station next door has booze.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We slid into this hotel at 8:00 at night after having some safety concerns about Baton Rouge, we chose this suburb. The hotel seems new, though not all the fixtures in the room were. The major concerns were that the door did not lock from the outside without the deadlock thrown, but the area seemed safe-enough, so we simply locked all the deadlocks before bed and crossed our fingers (though the area felt safe). There were also cords missing from from the land line phone, and there was no remote.

A/C worked well and was quiet, which is always important, though we heard a train pretty loudly as we were falling asleep at 10:30 PM.

Breakfast was equally good and bad. While they had eggs and biscuits and gravy, there were only two types of cereal (cheerios and raisin bran) and some wonder bread with a toaster. A good breakfast for the price if you like eggs.

Other than that, it was a nice-quality hotel for the price (we got it for 60ish for two queens with a AAA discount). My only suggestion would be that you be careful with the extremely hard water and the amount of soap you use.

Room Tip: Check to make sure the door cannot be forced open. I think this was only a one-room problem, but che...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Britt T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Port Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you for choosing the Magnuson Hotel Port Allen, we great;ly appreciate your patronage, and knd words about our hotel.

I was actually on hand to process yoru check out and was very thankful for your information regarding your room. As a manager I prefer to hear directly form my guests regarding their stay i my hotel.

Previously I have not had a comment on the number of cereals available, however I will look into a different dispenser which may offer a wider selection for our breakfast. Regarding teh door issue our maintenance staff has made an adjustment to the frame and all is well now.

Again, thanks you for your review and I hope to see you again...enjoying a different type of cereal!!

Respectfully,

Britt
GM

Reviewed 8 March 2013

l really like this hotel, but don't plan on sleeping in. I stayed in February 2013, when visiting family. Only booked for one night, and at 8 AM on the morning I am checking out housekeeping came beating on the door to clean the room. Returned to stay in March, and at checkin asked the front desk clerk to notify housekeeping not to knock on door in the morning. Yet again, between 8-9 AM of day of checkout, housekeeping was beating on the door. There was not a do not disturb sign in the room. I will return to this hotel, because it is conveniently located for me, it is clean, and the beds are extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
RAJ P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Port Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for your comments about the hotel as they help us to improve our service! We sincerely appreciate you choosing Magnuson Hotel Port Allen during your travels. I do apologize that you were not able to sleep in on your recent trip. I can understand how this would upset you and any other guests staying at the hotel. Our management team has addressed this issue with our Housekeeping department in order to ensure that guests are not disturbed so early in the morning. I assure you that we are working to correct this and we hope that you will continue to stay at the Magnuson Hotel Port Allen when coming to town! Thanks again and we look forward to your next arrival.

Magnuson Hotel Port Allen Management Staff

Reviewed 25 January 2013

It was a cold and stormy night when I pulled in to this oasis of warmth and light. There are other cheaper hotels in Port Allen but if you want good solid Wi-Fi and strong cellular signal this is the place for you. Breakfast was good and the adjacent filling station has an extensive convenience store. Next to the filling station, across the side street is a Waffle House.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
magnusonhotelportall, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Port Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to share your feedback of our hotel. I appreciate your loyalty and I'm glad that you have had such positive experiences. I'm glad you have enjoyed our breakfast, Wi-Fi , as well our optimal location.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Please let me know what we can do make your future visits even more memorable.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

They DO NOT have non-smoking rooms! Even though your reservation might indicate it, the rooms are not non-smoking, they have only been treated with the "smoke spray" that wears off after you turn on the A/C (we moved from 205 and still had a toxic room 210). The tub was nasty and had been resurfaced several times (different peeling layers). We all chose to wait until we got back home to shower. The beds were comfy, but the sheets had cigarette burn holes in them. We only chose to stay because the room was already paid for through Expedia. I have stayed at cheaper hotels with better rooms. If you are considering this hotel, please reconsider.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HoustonFamilyofThree
Sal M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Port Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

I am very sorry for the bad experience. Your comments are very helpful to train our housekeeping and maintenance teams. We will make sure all issues are corrected immediately.
When you are back in town please contact me directly so I can make sure we make it right for you.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

Room looked like it had been recently remodeled. Everything was clean and in good shape. We missed the breakfast; it only went until 9:00. Front desk was friendly. Room looked like it had been recently remodeled. Everything was clean and in good shape. We missed the breakfast; it only went until 9:00. Front desk was friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Sal M, Manager at Red Roof Inn Port Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

We appreciate your comments. We are here to serve you.
Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

This hotel was a great value after an awful experience at the Super 8. I was so happy to check-in to the Magnuson. There is a Waffle House, Subway and Walmart within walking distance of the hotel. Not to mention the rooms are all well furnished and breakfast in the hotel is good if you get up early.

Room Tip: Get up early if you want the Hotel's Breakfast
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Sal M, Manager at Red Roof Inn Port Allen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2012

We thank you very much for the kind comments. Our team works very hard to make sure you are satisfied with our service.
Please visit us again when you are back in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Allen
La Quinta Inn Baton Rouge University Area
Staybridge Suites Baton Rouge-Lsu At Southgate
Courtyard Baton Rouge Acadian Centre/LSU Area
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge Airport

Been to Red Roof Inn Port Allen? Share your experiences!