Motel 6 Baton Rouge-Port Allen
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$59
Priceline
US$53
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2013

There were so many negatives that it's easiest to list them:
1.) Non-smoking room smelled like cigarettes. When I asked front desk for housekeeping to come spray for the odor, I was told they had gone home for the day (It wasn't even 5 pm.) ...and that there was a store down the road where I could go buy some!
2.) There was an ashtray in our NON-SMOKING room. (Was told they put them in all rooms.) ???
3.) Had to call front desk on my cell phone because our room phone was broken!
4.) Receptacle wouldn't hold a plug so we had to put OUR coffee maker on bathroom counter. (It's a good thing I thought to bring ours because there's not one in the rooms!)
5.) Sink was stopped up and drained VERY slowly...couldn't even run the water long enough for it to get hot.
6.) Water in shower didn't get hot because the faucet was set to not turn but so far.
7.) The bed was almost sitting on the floor and of such poor quality that it actually felt like sleeping on a cot!
8.) We heard police on their loud-speakers during the night at the strip-club next door.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Doris W
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Spend the few extra dollars and stay elsewhere. No lights on the parking lot. Very dark. Strip club and adult book store on one side and honky tonk bar on the other. Non smoking room smelled like an ash tray. Horrible beds, no amenities, dirty bathroom. No phone(broken), 4 bucks for Wi fi. Drink machine empty. Could go on, but enough said. Other than that it was OK.

Room Tip: Spend a few extra bucks around the corner.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tony b
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This motel, while generally in a nice area, did not make us feel safe upon arrival. The motel is located next to an adult book store and a strip club. The adult book store and strip club are only accessible via the motel's parking lot. We were staying at the motel for a night of sleep while driving from Texas to Florida. We arrived at midnight. The motel was very active with females and cars in the parking lot. Security was parked out front. Night clerk was behind a locked door and window. I have NEVER had to transact a stay at a hotel/motel thru a window drawer. Air conditioning cover was hanging off of upon arrival. Room was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Room reeked of smoke and sex. Ash tray was present in room. I will never stay in a Motel 6 again. My two kids were horrified. They will never stay in a Motel 6 again. While cheap... I guess I got what I paid for. NEVER WILL I MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank whitescATX
Reviewed 16 March 2013

This place is dirty and unsafe. The maids could of at least cleaned the fecal matter off the toilet. I check out just as soon as I checked in. I got a fill refund. This place is just ghetto. Don't stay here. The front desk lady was only interested in taking a cigarette break. People was coming to the front desk for towels. And the towels look dirty and the bed sheets look dirty. Just nasty.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Ladyroz12
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently because we attended a LSU football game that was at night. We live about 2.25 hours northwest of Baton Rouge. We waited until the last minute to book a room so we were not left with many options. This motel was very affordable. I figured since it was for less than a day then why not take the chance. I was surprised by the cleanliness of the motel. The rooms were simple but for a short stay that was fine with me. I would definitely recommend this motel for someone that is on a budget or someone traveling through the area just needing a place to rest for the night.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple