“Average”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Port Allen
Baton Rouge
“Average”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Rude staff and not enough breakfast for everyone but all in all an average place to stay. Close to many fast food options and within a 7 minute drive to LSU Tiger Stadium. Easy access to I-10 and Hwy 190. Was the quietest hotel I have stayed in Baton Rouge area. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
djpatel06, General Manager at Comfort Suites Port Allen, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I do want to apologize for the rudeness of our staff during your stay. I have met with the individuals working during your stay and informed them of your issue. I can assure you, this will not happen again. Other than the the staff issue, we are pleased that your stay was quiet and comfortable.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call the hotel and ask for the General Manager and i will be glad to assist you.

Thanks again for staying with us and hope you give our staff another chance.

Dipesh Patel, CPA, CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2013

my husband and I are truck drivers and we haul oversize loads, so we stay in hotels about 85% of the time, and this is by far one of the BEST HOTELS we have EVER stayed in. the employees are GREAT, rooms are clean, the only negative i have is the breakfast wasn't that great, we went over to the waffle house, but EVERYTHING else is AMAZING!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This is the last time I trust a motel chain to provide a clean room before it is inspected. The room I checked into had mold around the entrance door on the inside near the top left corner, mold in the bathroom around both light fixtures, mold around the bathroom door...........does the chain ever do a surprise inspection ?????? Buying an RV is looking better and better all the time

Room Tip: inspect the room before you accept it
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Port Allen hotels

crystal lake IL
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Had I read the prior review I wouldn't have even considered this place. I tried to check in late and the night auditor denied my reservation and tried to upsell me to a different room. These people don't seem to know what they are doing. Apparently a guaranteed reservation is not a guaranteed reservation here. Plan your trip so you don't stay here. There is a saying "Any port in a storm" -Just make sure it is not Port Allen Comfort Inn.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

As soon as we walked in, i knew we were in trouble. U get hit in the face with a musty smell. But I gave the place the benefit of the doubt. As we walked to our room, the smell got a lot worse. It switched over to a garbage dumpster smell. When we got to our room, it was manageable. But as the fragrance that house keeping sprays in the room wore out, we were overtaken by the stink of garbage. As i walked towards the front desk i had to kill 2 big roaches that were looking for a room of their own. I had to call corporate to get my reservation cancelled, and get my points refunded- as the guy behind the desk was completely useless. Do not be fooled by all the good reviews, there is no telling who is writing them. We went there because of the good reviews, and it blew up in my face. I am a loyal customer of this brand, i stay at these hotels all over the northeast and beyond. Trust me this is a real review from a real customer. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME staying here. We did backtrack to the sleep inn 10 miles east of this place, and it was up to choice hotels standards.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Mac2076
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stopped here last minute and found it to be better than the other hotel that had booked for the rest of the trip. Staff was nice and very helpful. The room was huge!! Tall ceilings, soft beds, and even a couch. the bathroom was small but shower was great! We will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
#25 of 77 in Baton Rouge
Sleep Inn South
Sleep Inn South
#26 of 77 in Baton Rouge

Been to Comfort Suites Port Allen? Share your experiences!