“Pass on this hotel, there are a lot nicer looking places to stay in the area.”

Best Western Magnolia Manor
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Port Allen
Reviewed 5 July 2013

WE decided to stay here because we have a Best Western Rewards card. First off we called ahead asking if they had parking for semi trucks and the guy said yes. We get there a couple hours later at 10pm to find out, in the dark, that they do not have semi truck parking. It takes a lot of room to turn a semi truck around, luckily the parking lot was big and had few cars in the lot which should have been a tip off to go somewhere else There was a security guard there, must not be a good neighborhood, and he was going to let us in cause they lock the lobby doors. Well he called and pounded on the door for someone to let us in and no one came, after 10 minutes of waiting someone finally let us in. About a 1/2 hour later we finally got in to get a room for 2 nights. Our room was in a separate building and the guy at the desk said it was behind the pool, well hello, it's dark, we've never been there so instead of telling us to follow the sidewalk behind the front building he just showed us. The room was nice and clean and a no smoking room but in the same building were smoking rooms so when you walk down the hallway there is a yucky ashtray smell. WE couldn't find any guest info in the room so we didn't know what time breakfast was. We get to the lobby for breakfast after 9 when we find out breakfast ended at 9. The manager or owner was quite rude and wouldn't let us eat so we went to the waffle house a block away. This hotel also says online that they have a restaurant attached, well they do but it's all boarded up and looks like its been closed for at least year. If we just would have read the reviews before deciding on this hotel we would not have stayed there.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Amelia H
Sleepinn97, Front Office Manager at Best Western Magnolia Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear guest,
first of all we are very thankful to you for staying with us at Best Western and we are extremely sorry for any inconvenience at our property.
the clerk who check you in was new and he must forget to inform about the timing for the breakfast. so sorry for that.
as concern of the semi truck parking, we do not have any problem for that. daily we have 2 or 3, 53 feet truck coming and park here easily. and even some days 5 or 6.
remember having security and locking the door it does not mean that this is not a secure place, yes it is a secure place.
any we are not advertising anywhere that we are next to shoney's restaurant; we also told Best Western corporate office about not to advertise about shoney's.
once again we are very sorry for any problem and misunderstanding during your stay.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Magnolia Manor

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed here only because three of our preferred hotels were sold out. The lobby and hallways were terrible. The room was acceptable. The area was safe but did not appear that way. The breakfast waffles were similar to warm rubber. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Sleepinn97, Manager at Best Western Magnolia Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 225-344-3638.

19078 Property
RICK & STAFF
BEST WESTERN Magnolia Manor

Reviewed 13 March 2013

We passed up the one and only driveway to the hotel and had to drive 10 miles to get to the next exit (over swamp land) to turn around. The staff was friendly and the hotel was average. Our key cards on and off worked but staff was very apologetic about that. My mom left her sunglassed in the room and they called me after we had left to tell us. I asked if they could hold them until the next Sunday when we would be coming thru agian and they did!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Sleepinn97, Manager at Best Western Magnolia Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose BEST WESERN while you were in PORT ALLEN, LA. And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town. If I can do anything for you during your next visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to call me. The front desk would be happy to connect you to my office.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

Dated is the word I would use to describe this hotel. Not up to what I expect from Best Western. Not at all as advertised on the web. The pictures must be from 10 years ago. Rooms are clean, but forget the breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. At this hotel, we strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times. Therefore, it is disappointing to learn that you are unhappy.

I want to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

this has got to be the worst hotels i have ever stayed in, i can't even hear my self think for all the noise around this place, the workers are nice, but the manager or owner whatever he is, is a jerk, please whatever you do, don't stay here, you will regret it for the rest of your life.........

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

We accommodate many guests each evening, and at this hotel, we strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you are unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Therefore, I would like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to this area.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

My office booked this hotel for me as I am working in the area. It's an older hotel and it shows. The service, however, is excellent. The staff all seems friendly and even eager to help. Being out of town for extended periods of time, laundry is always a hassle. Not here! They will wash, dry, AND fold your laundry for only 10 dollars!!
There is plenty of parking.

Now the bad. Water pressure in the shower is almost nonexistent. The decor is just plain stomach turning ugly. Noise level is excessive being so close to the interstate. There is no place close to shop for food or other goods. There is a Walmart about 5 miles away. The entrance to the motel is a little tricky and easy to miss. There is some sort of CLOSED restaurant attached to the front of the office.

I have stayed at worst hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013
Radisson Hotel Baton Rouge
#25 of 78 in Baton Rouge
Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge Downtown
Best Western Chateau Louisianne Suite Hotel

Been to Best Western Magnolia Manor? Share your experiences!