“Yum!!!!”

Candyland Cottage & Ice Cream Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Rayne
More attraction details
Owner description: I-10 East exit 87 in small town of Rayne, Lousiana (Frog Capital of the World). Great place for old time candy and home or World's Largest Gummi Bear.
Pearl River, LA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Yum!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I found candy there that I haven't seen in a very long time. It reminded me of an old time candy store/soda shop. The candy items there were ones that I ate as a child.

Visited July 2013

Lafayette, la
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dishonest”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Take your business elsewhere. Owner refuses to return calls about a serious problem in his establishment. Has a very bad attitude. Workers are more worried about talking amongst themselves then helping people. Even my kids asked why no one would help us get ice cream when there were workers right there not even busy or helping other customers..

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Berchman S
Lumberton, Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Expected a Little More”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

When my kids spotted "Candyland" from the highway, you can imagine the squeals. We went about our business and decided to go back that evening around 8pm. There was one other person there, so we pretty much had the store to ourselves to browse around. Honestly, I was a little disappointed. Not in the content of the goodies....but I was expecting spectacular decor and more of a "candyland" feel (as in the board game). Don't get me wrong, it's definitely all about sweets. I was just hoping for something more. I'm not sure how to explain it. Anywho, they have TONS of candy. I kept finding little hidden treasures from when I was a kid. Like Astro Pops!! I used to eat those at the little league park ALL THE TIME. Or pop rocks. Or Bit-O-Honey. Or...the list goes on. They had gigantic gummy bears (too rich for my blood), Blue Bell ice cream (but no regular coffee ice cream :( , so I settled for plain ole' chocolate!), chocolate covered insects, every lollipop imaginable, T-Shirts, an Indian headdress made of feather suckers, bins of 5, 10, 15 cent candies, gummy snakes, bubble gum, rock candy, old fashioned licorice, stick candy of all different flavors....on and on and on!! I saw the fudge and the truffles, but my husband's wallet said "no". Hee Hee. The young ladies working there were very nice. Love how easy it is to get to, also! Nice ending to a good evening.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Robyn L
Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“"Sweet" spot to stop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

This is a great spot to stop when traveling I-10! Easy on and off the interstate.
They have TONS of candy including older types of candy that can be hard to find, saltwater taffy, homemade fudge and blue bell ice cream. They also have the world's largest gummy bears. The staff is very friendly as well.

Visited August 2013
houstonburbs
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Always very nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Excellent selection of ice cream and other sweet treats! Easy off easy on I 10. Always well worth the stop! Wish we had one in our town!!

Visited July 2013