“Another little gem on my work drive”

Chef Roy's Frog City Cafe
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Rayne
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Another little gem on my work drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

A north Louisiana relative told me about this place. Love it! This I my 2nd time here during work driving travel. Great food, staff & owner!

Rayne, Louisiana
“Good Cajun Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Good consistent Cajun food. Nothing is drowned in cayenne pepper like so many other so-called Cajun restaurants do. Seafood is kind of their specialty but other items are prepared well also. I highly recommend the Crab White Lake. We eat here often.

• Visited March 2014
Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Attentive Chef and Owner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

All their dishes are first rate and reasonably priced. The appetizer sampler is exceptional. The Chef and managers are the owners and are very driven to provide a great dining experience!

• Visited February 2014
Tennessee
“So Far, The Best Low Country Shrimp”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I must disclose that my dining experience occurred in the winter of 2011. On a recent trip through Louisiana I salivated for another visit, but alas it was a Monday, their day of rest. So here's a quick, well deserved review of a previous visit.

The service was outstanding, my server accommodated my request for a non-menu appetizer of Crawfish Etouffee which was superb and complimented a very cold bee perfectly. My entree was the Fried Shrimp Platter and without question one of the better shrimp dinners of all times. The breading was to perfection. If you are surfing for a near I-10 restaurant, do not miss Chef Roy's. If you go, please post a follow-up review so we will all know years later that cajun near-perfection is still there.

• Visited February 2014
Lafayette, Louisiana
“BEST seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Crab White Lake is to die for. Etouffe not so much. Service
could not have been better and the bread pudding w/ coffee, mmmm mmmm mmmm, the stuff you dream about.

Visited February 2014