“Bad, Bad, Bad, And They Don't Care”

Knights Inn And Conference Center
Knights Inn And Conference Center
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Ruston
Reviewed 30 November 2011

First.....This hotel has changed names several times over the last few years. I believe that they think that you can't hit a moving target.

I don't know if they are still associated with Wyndam hotels or not but when I stayed there it was a Wyndam hotel and they refused to honor many nights that I spent there on their rewards program. This is expected from a company that runs a hotel like they do.

The name of the hotel now is SIMBA INN AND SUITES. I seriously doubt that they have changed ownership from when they were Knights Inn.

The floors were black with oil/dirt/who nows. I stayed there several months only because it was affordable in this little town. When I checked out for the last time they tried to add some bogus charges which I refused with my credit card company and the hotel did not challenge. Also when I checked out I expressed my dis-pleasure with my stay and their billing process. The clerk said that there were many "funny" things going on at this place that she was very unhappy with. One night they gave someone else a key to my hotel room and they attempted to walk in. This is a horrible place and I would hope that no one would stay here unless that fully protect themselves as I did while I was there.

And YES I complained to the owner of the hotel. He answered the first emal saying that he would take care of the problems. After that.............nothing.

DON'T STAY HERE OR AT SIMBA INN AND SUITES You will be sorry.

They claim to have a free breakfast.....Ha Ha Ha. How about ceral with no milk, nothing works and the people there just say well.....that's the way it is.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. They are very nasty.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
5  Thank BubbieTravel

Reviewed 29 July 2011

My friend and I had reservations at another hotel (long story), but those plans fell through. It was 11pm, we had to be up at 5:30 and this was the only hotel with vacancies, so, out of desperation, we took it. I will just list the problems we encountered:
1) There was no room key. The clerk said the machine was broken and we would have to be let in by the maintenence man. I found out the next day that this has been their excuse for over a month.
2) While we drove around to our room, we saw several seedy characters hanging around. We were two women in town for the Peach craft show and did not feel safe.
3) The room smelled musty, musty, musty! I thought it was because the AC was not on, but the smell never went away. And it never got cool.
4) The door would not lock because there was no lock! Part of the mechanism was broken and the door could just be pushed open.
5) The carpet had a white substance ground into it and it was so filthy, it was 'hard' and not flexible like normal carpet. I probably had not been cleaned in a long time.
6) I had to kill a roach in the bathroom before I took my shower.
7) The bathroom looked like it was from a 60's horror movie. Grout was filthy, the toilet was antiquated with no tank on the back.
8) I have never had shampoo in ketchup-like squeeze packages!
9) The opening for the usual tissue dispenser had been broken into shards. No tissue, either.
10) Several ceiling tiles were wet and sagging above our heads.
11) Upon checkout, I requested a receipt for my business expense, but was told that the lady who had the password would not be in until 8 and could I come back?? No! Very unprofessional.

I did not sleep well at all that night, for fear of someone getting in. I could not wait until daybreak so we could leave.
I had stayed at this property years ago when it was the Holiday Inn, I believe, and it was a nice property with a nice restaurant and pool. There is no restaurant today and I don't want to think about the pool.
Avoid this at all costs. Drive to Monroe for a room if you have to! I wish I had my camera with me to convince others to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank 456Cheryl
Reviewed 19 June 2011

As one earlier review stated, 'Keep on driving!" If you've read the comments down to 2009, yes...the coke machine still doesn't work, the carpet is still sticky, and the lights were disconnected from the outlets (which makes it hard to enter at night). The staff knew we were coming hours earlier and didn't bother to turn on any A/C despite the 100-degree day.
Upon arrival we were informed that our request for a King had to be changed to a double. Good thing though, because one of the two had /highly questionable/ stains on the sheets, so the extra double had to be shared. Chipped paint (circa 1970) was evident in the bathroom which housed no towels. One dirty rag hung from the shower curtain and behind it was a fiberglass tub with cracks/holes in it. Floor tile in the bathroom area was separating from the wall.
It looked as though no one had cleaned it in a long time. There were sundries but other than that who knew when the last time this room had any attention. The maintenance man had to let us in that evening as we were not given a room key. The remote only worked if you were within the same range to actually change the channels yourself. We left out of that place as soon as we could!
Spend an extra $20 and go to ANY other hotel on the service road so you can rest easy.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank CreatureComforts007
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Old, outdated and a bit creepy. Housekeeping did their best, (except the carpet is exceptionally dirty)but there is only so much you can do with what they had to work with. Old style chains on the door that don;t secure, parking that is not well lit and the front desk clerk not asking for any kind of ID upon check in made safety questionable.

Attended a conference held at the hotel and the facilities were old and worn with the exception of the men's room which was worse. It was old, worn, leaky and smelled like a zoo - which made the lobby entrance to the conference area smell bad.

I did walk by and see a pool...when you think there is a cover on it and there is not, it might not be the cleanest thing.

Avoid this place if you can.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank TexasJoe8
Reviewed 4 January 2010

This was the worst hotel my husband and I have ever booked. It was the only "pet-friendly" hotel in the immediate area with www.hotels.com. We walked into the lobby where reception was friendly, and got the key to our room. As we walked around back it looked like the something out of a Stephen King novel. Walking into the room, nothing was plugged in, the ceiling had water spots all over it, the drawers were hanging off the rails, the smoke alarm was hanging by the wires, there were black rings in the toilet, the ceiling in bathroom was flaking into the shower. The bathtub had brown streaks in it and along the sides. The caulking was in serious need of replacement and had black spots in it. The bed sheets were torn in spots and had brown stains covering the bottom of the sheets. Needless to say, we did not stay in that hotel. We decided to keep driving to West Monroe, LA after already driving from El Paso, TX (roughly 15 hours)

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jessstephens
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Me along with approx 30 to 40 other recently stayed at this facility for a family reunion. "ALL" of us were very disappointed. The website says there are (2) swimming pools which is true but only (1) was open and it was not clean, also advertised is a wading pool which had no water in it at all. The rooms smelled & a were dusty everyone complained about the carpet feeling very sticky. Could only find (1) ice machine which was working & all but (1) soda machine was broken w/no "Out of order" sign which meant it took your money & did not return it. A few of us found DIRTY coffee mugs in our rooms not to mention they always ran out of clean towels. NEVER WILL WE STAY HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed: July 2009
3  Thank MsTray
Reviewed 16 July 2009

After reading the reviews my husband was almost scared to book a room here, but he went ahead as it was the best value and he was planning a lengthy stay. He asked to see the room first and found it to be clean, however the next day when he planned to check in, he was not able to get that room. The next room was clean as well, but did not have the same furnishings. But he took it anyway. Then he discovered the refridgerator door would not shut completly so he asked for another room. And was given one. It too had different furnishings. So he saw a total of three rooms which were all clean. Not fancy, but clean. The carpet he said was not great, but I've been in Holiday Inns with bad carpet as well. As long as the bed linens, and bathroom is clean, it's fine for him. He was working a night shift so he was coming in at 3 am each night and said the nights he was there there was not trouble or any unusual activities going on. The staff was great the manager was very helpful with us, and he had an easy checkout when he had to leave at 3 am. Overall it's not as bad as one would think. My suggestion is to ask to see your room as some are furnished better than others. The location is near several restaurants, Applebees, Ryans, Mcdonalds, and a Wal-Mart plus other shopping areas are near.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business