“a mess, but I'm sure it's temporary...call 1st and ask about renovations”
Review of Hampton Inn Ruston

Hampton Inn Ruston
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ruston
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel was under renovation when I arrived. The room was thankfully in nice condition, but lobby, hallways, eating area...huge mess, workers everywhere. I usually ask how long since renovation...I didn't this time. Would not have stayed if I knew it was ongoing

1  Thank Jerry W
rsnla_hampton, Manager at Hampton Inn Ruston, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for your comments. We did complete a remodel of our lobby, but the work did not affect guest rooms. The job is completed and we welcome you back to experience our upgraded breakfast / lobby. Again, we thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

this was a very good hotel and very well worth the price. I was greeted well and check in took less than 3 minutes. I was given my diamond gifts at check in. The hotel was very clean and smelled nice. The halls on the floor were clean with a clean scent. My room was very clean and fresh. The bed was comfortable. The only thing that could have been a little better is that I like a very cold room and the room could not get down to my set temperature, but the room was comfortable enough for me to get a good night rest.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your response - Just wanted to let you know that we've given the room unit an a/c "tune-up" to keep it cool. Thanks again. We appreciate your staying with us.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed here initially over 2 years ago. It was dirty and in need of major renovation. So 2 years go by and I'm thinking surely it has been renovated by now, so I'll give it another chance. Wrong- !! Carpet is filthly, rooms are dated and it just has that "old" smell. The guest staff was pleasant and helpful, but the condition of the hotel made this a "never again" decision.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Historic University Town: Shopping, resturants, Interesting small town feel. We enjoyed Ruston and our stay at the Hampon Inn the pool and rooms were very clean. The staff professional and friendly. The morning breakfast had a variety of items and the coffee fresh and hot.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I had a great experience at this location; Priced reasonable; Will stay here again. Booked only a day before arrival. super staff; nice pool; seemed secure; good breakfast. nice lobby and office center

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2013

One of the better Hamptons although the breakfast seemed like it was missing items compred to others. The location is great and it would appear as though the hotel did recent updates throughout. New a/c units perhaps as they worked very well in 95 degree weather. Bathroom looked new too.

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week, we were first placed up on the top floor. The room was nice and the beds were comfortable. With that being said we like it to be cooler at night when we sleep, so we turned the air conditioner to 63 and then it completely stopped working during the middle of the night because it apparently freezes up when you turn it below 65. After complaining to the front desk agent she never apologized and didn't offer to move us. So finally I requested we be moved to the first floor. The air worked better but the fridge was broken and it had frozen all of our things, so the night audit brought us a new fridge. The next day I did laundry and come to find out their guest dryer was broken! They said I could bag all my clothes up after drying and they would dry them in their industrial dryer. But I overheard employees say that the guest dryer had been broken for over a month. The only person that went above and beyond what he was supposed to do was the maintenance man. He was awesome and super friendly. Because of all these problems I would never stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013