“Great place to visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Myrtles Plantation

The Myrtles Plantation
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience antebellum splendor in this circa 1796 National Historic Register plantation home renowned for its mystery, history and intrigue.
Brookhaven, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We went for the tour at 9:30am and it was "Great"!! Jules was our guide and he made it an adventure for us!!!! I got goose bump several times. The grounds are beautiful and well kept.
My family and I plan on returning and spending the night on a Friday or Sat. night being this is when they give the night tour! Well worth the money and time. I took a picture outside and got something strange in the trees! If you take the tour please ask for "Jules" he is the best there for sure!!!! He told the story like he had been there with the family through all their bad times. Thanks Jules for a great day at "Myrtle Plantation"

4 Thank NancypMcKenzie

Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Beautiful house and grounds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Myrtles is worth seeing. It is a small tour but our guide was great. The grounds are very beautiful.

4 Thank casinocim
Branson, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Beautiful and creepy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Great tour and tour guide. Can only tour downstairs. Upstairs are guest rooms. Had a great tour guide, she was an expressive storyteller. We did the Mystery Tour and I had some creepy touches. Would go again! Grounds are spectacular.

4 Thank Ursula1111
Albertville, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We did a girls trip and had a blast. No spooks in our cottage but we meet lots of great people and got several pictures of orbs.

3 Thank inadt
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mediocre at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

I spent a week at the plantation. I will say the location is beautiful, and while pricey the food at the restaurant on site was delicious. We stayed in the main part of the house which had a large suite and access to the stairs and foyer after hours. While we had a few interesting experiences it isn't near "the most haunted house in America." Other guests can be annoying as they all want to bother you to see if you've seen anything. The bathroom had no shower- only a tub. The matresses were incredibly uncomfortable. I think I would have felt better sleeping on the lumpy couch in the hallway. Easy research at the town historical society turned up that nearly all of the information given on the overly rushed tour was inaccurate and twisted to play up to so-so haunt. The town has a lovely association among its small businesses, and is a delight if you enjoy antique shopping. If you want more excitement however it is not the place for you. Overall I had a good trip but the price was overly high given I couldn't sleep or shower for a week. Stay somewhere else, go see the scenery but skip the tour.

Visited May 2014