“Fun morning”

US$15.90*
and up
Myrtles Plantation Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience antebellum splendor in this circa 1796 National Historic Register plantation home renowned for its mystery, history and intrigue.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The grounds are absolutely beautiful! It was worth the time to see the house, take the short tour, and spook each other. I would certainly recommend it as a stopping point, but there are plenty of other things to see and do in the area to spend too much time at the Myrtles.

3  Thank rachelfont
in 8 reviews
"new orleans"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I've always been obsessed with this beautiful plantation. So when I was finally able to go I was beyond excited. It felt like I was taking a step back through time. Statues and gigantic trees great you when you first drive through the gates.the house has been restored back to its glory days and kept authentic with antiques from the Victorian era. The wrought iron fencing surrounding the porch is intricately designed with grape bunches. The plaster frieze on the inside is beautiful and the Crystal chandelier is breathtaking. Some reviews are bashing this Victorian home because it doesn't have ice machines or microwaves in the rooms. If you want to stay at a place like that go to a modern hotel. This was a Victorian home and I'm glad they kept it the way it was. There are bathrooms with tubs or showers, but they all have toilets and sinks. They added these because in the Victorian era they had pot chambers. I've also noticed people complaining about how they couldn't take pictures downstairs during the tour.the reason for that is because the antiques are from the 1800s. If people go around taking pictures you'd be disturbing others from listening to the tour guide. Not only that you can't touch the antiques and most people would want to pose by them. This could cause something to accidentally fall. But I believe the main cause is due to the material being so old and sensitive to light. Camera flashes would cause it to fade even more. You can touch the antiques upstairs and even sleep on the antique beds that are in the rooms. A hot sizzling homemade southern breakfast awaits you in the morning... that is if you can stand staying the whole night. There are spirits there. They've made themselves known to me and my friends through smell, sounds, and even showing themselves. If you're a history buff... this is a great place for you. Pricing can be on the expensive side but that's to pay bills to keep it open and to keep the antiques from disintegrating with time.

9  Thank sweettreatmomma
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Took tour and had an awesome tour guide. She was a very good story teller. The grounds are small, but beautiful. This is not a "Twelve Oaks" type plantation, but it was worth visiting. We also ate lunch at the Carriage House restaurant on the property. The meal was delicious and moderately priced. We were here on a day trip, but I would love to go back and stay the night.

3  Thank MistyDawn5065
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We went for the tour at 9:30am and it was "Great"!! Jules was our guide and he made it an adventure for us!!!! I got goose bump several times. The grounds are beautiful and well kept.
My family and I plan on returning and spending the night on a Friday or Sat. night being this is when they give the night tour! Well worth the money and time. I took a picture outside and got something strange in the trees! If you take the tour please ask for "Jules" he is the best there for sure!!!! He told the story like he had been there with the family through all their bad times. Thanks Jules for a great day at "Myrtle Plantation"

4  Thank NancypMcKenzie