“Such a nice family who owns the home”

Greenwood Plantation
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The daughter of the owner gave us a tour and told us of the interesting history of the home. She didn't even ask for tour money until after, and I was so touched by that. We ended up giving her a little extra for her kindness. The family truly is opening their private home for tours, which is very nice of them. The home was burned down and completely rebuilt, and has been used in many movies.

1  Thank sparklesque

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Not a plantation, all movie set stuff, dirty, we did get a personal tour but everything was new stuff made to look old for the movies. There are many other true plantation homes in the area worth going to so don't waste your time with this.

1  Thank BreAlaniz
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our visit to Greenwood Plantation in mid-January 2014. Our guide, Linda,
treated us almost like family who had come to visit, and made us feel very welcome. Only plantation we visited where we were invited to sit down on the furniture and just chat and get acquainted while learning about the history of this absolutely gorgeous historic home, and it's occupants. Lovely place, and truly unforgettable visit. Thank you, Linda for being so helpful. Would definitely recommend this one to anyone visiting sites on River Road.

1  Thank Judith S
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We didn't tour inside the house because we ran out of time, but I wanted to leave a review because we did see the grounds and the outside of the house and it is definitely worth a visit. From what I understand, the house itself burned in the 1960s and has been completely restored, but the columns are still the original columns. I can't speak of the inside of the house, but the outside was pretty amazing. The columns are massive - larger than any others that I've seen at a plantation home. I had to get a picture of myself next to one just to demonstrate how thick they are. If you've never seen anything like that before, then Greenwood is worth a visit. Just walking around on the porch gives you an idea of the scale of this plantation and how much money must have gone into building the house in the first place. The grounds are also beautifully landscaped and worth walking around. As an added bonus, the mini-series North and South is one of my favorite and the scenes at the Resolute plantation in the movie were filmed at Greenwood. That was pretty neat to see. If you're in the area definitely stop by! I hope to be back one day to tour inside the house too.

2  Thank Brooklet425
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Went to an absolutely gorgeous wedding at Greenwood. The house is a great replica - we wouldn't have known had we not researched the area. Wish we could have toured the grounds more.