“Good Food”

Carriage House Restaurant @ The Myrtles Plantation
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The food was good both my mother and I enjoyed lunch and the ambiance of the restaurant. The prices were reasonable and lunch was served in a beautiful setting with tableclothes and tableware.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Service was poor...the waiter was speedy but had no knowledge about the menu. We asked about the specials and to describe them (Beef Tips), when I asked him to describe them he said they were baked, that's it. The fried pickles and the tuna steak were both good, side dishes were poor...green beans were cold and tasted like they were dumped out of a can and the potatoes tasted like they were out of a box (heck I've had better out of a box), and the bread pudding was good but parts were burnt. Kinda pricey for what I feel we got.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Had dinner with my wife and parents after a long day at the Vicksburg Battlefield Park (about a 2 hour drive from Vicksburg to The Myrtles). Had a wonderful Old Fashioned before dinner. Had fried mushrooms and hush puppies as appetizers which were good. Gumbo and corn and shrimp bisque were also very tasty and well spiced. Had a variety of main courses (crawfish etouffee, shrimp fettuccine and broiled catfish with crabmeat) which were all great. Even had the brownie a la mode and bread pudding - both of which were OK. The atmosphere is nice and service was very attentive. Price was high in my opinion.

Would recommend it if you're in the area and want a good creole dish at a historic (and haunted) plantation home.

1  Thank Clint O
Reviewed 6 August 2013

They were so accodmating and made us feel very welcome. Food was excellent and staff are the best. We will definately be back as soon as possible!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

I didn't know you could really mess up a salad but you can. I order the filet mignon salade and when it came to the table, the lettuce was wilted and 4 tomatos, two slices of what looked like squash and about 6 strips of meat. No flavor, nothing special. My husband ordered the Pork chop marsala..no taste he stated. I even told the waiter who just smiled. The bread pudding was tasty! For a $19.00 salad you think it would have more than I mentioned....nope!