“motel quality at B&B prices” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Butler Greenwood Plantation

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Francisville
Butler Greenwood Plantation
Bossier City, Louisiana
“motel quality at B&B prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

The Butler, let me start by saying there are motels, hotels, resorts, & B&B's. A person expects certain things and quality at each. I do not like to put a place down but this is motel quality at B&B prices. The hospitality is okay but nothing what you would expect from a B&B. Upon entering the room you are hit with an old room with indoor/outdoor carpet with burn marks, and some appliances you might expect in a friend's camp house. The ironing board is sitting out like a piece of furniture with the alarm clock sitting on it. There is nothing cozy about this place. The bathroom is old, and we are meat with someone else's body hair on the tub. There is no caulking around tube, worn out wood work around the sink, mismatched light bulbs in the bath room lights and the microwave looks to be several years old. The breakfast here is a joke. There is no cover on bath room vent. My wife and I found food(bacon) in the chairs in the room. I would not dare set my body in the Jacuzzi tub. The ceiling fan in the room is cheap. The lamp shades have holes in them. The body length mirror is propped up against the wall and looks like a mirror from the five and dime. The bed is being held up in the center by two big pieces of wood. The pictures on the wall look like something purchased in a discount magazine. I have stayed in a few B&B's , and it is sad to let this beautiful place go into this state. Looking for a place to stay, try Googling Lavender Mermaid in east Texas. The pride in owner ship could be a lesson to many. It it obvious that the money people spend does not go back into keeping the places up, sad. I will not be coming back here. On a positive note this place has Wi-Fi. The grounds of the place or nice with live oak trees. It is nice and quit. This place is misleading as a B&B. Our best view is standing in the door of our cabin and looking out at the pond. This place is a sad representation for St. Francisville.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank b52av8tor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Celebrated a birthday with 16 members of my family. We stayed at five of the cottages and enjoyed pleasant memories that we often recall. The beautiful and peaceful location was the perfect choice. We wanted to stay longer and will definitely return. Anne was gracious the two times I visited prior to making final reservations. Trying to gather 16 people for the same weekend was a challenge for me. Anne was very helpful and I look forward to visiting again soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
butler, Owner at Butler Greenwood Plantation, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
We love to have guests like your group who appreciate what we offer here, and we will hope to see all of you again! Thank you so much for your posting.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

The lady didn't want to rent the room to us. She misinterpreted me when I asked if the room was nice?, that I meant if it was modern. When I tried to explain what I did really meant (nice view, quaint style), she wouldn't listen and kept telling me that I should look for other places that are modern, because hers wouldn't be suitable to me. How did she make that stupid assumption without listening to the potential customer! After trying to open my mouth a few times over the phone, and got over run by her, I gave up. Then called her 2 min later and left a voice message saying that we would like to rent the room. Never heard back.

Next morning, I called 6 times. She hung up on me twice and put me on the voicemail 4 times. Obviously, she made it clear to me that she is not fit to do business with us.

I'm pretty disappointed to know people like this exist, and they run a business!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Darthguppy
butler, Owner at Butler Greenwood Plantation, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
No ma'am, you did NOT stay here.
Mandeville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Character, charm, peace, tranquility, nature. Family of deer showed up within 10 min.of arrival. Cooks cottage clean..cozy.loved fireplace with plenty firewood, giant Jacuzzi with nice bath wash for tired bones. Lots of Great magazines for interior design inspiration. Loved collection old national geographic mags. Live oaks on grounds amazing. Visits from gorgeous peacock and friendly cat that hung out on the deck with us. Tour of house pleasant..saw unique tea strainer. Wish we had one more night!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Kerrilynn234
Gulfport, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I Stayed in the Old Kitchen B & B, and was delighted to stay in such a historic building! We took many walks on the grounds and loved the scenery. Very quiet and lots of wildlife to enjoy! Will definitely return here and check out the other cabins!

Stayed October 2013
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Upon arrival, we felt like we were a bother. We asked about a tour of the main house, we were advised to go settle in. There we found a letter stating it would cost $5 each! Why not add that $5 to the cost and make us feel welcome? The house was somewhat similar to a trailer house with it's plastic walls and vinyl floor. The acoustic tile ceiling, zebra rug, and imitation leather sectional had no resemblance of the southern plantation B & B we were expecting. After cleaning the windows we were able to see the pond. The rusty table on one of the porches was unusable. We "borrowed" chairs from another cottage to be able sit on the one by the pond. Although we stayed the three nights we had reserved, we will NOT be returning!

• Stayed October 2013
6 Thank LGill29
butler, Owner at Butler Greenwood Plantation, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Gracious! We are so sorry that you stayed three whole days and nights without voicing any of your complaints to either staff or management so that we might have been able to address your complaints or find a more suitable accommodation for you in hopes you might possibly have enjoyed your visit to this area. We certainly would not have charged you to be miserable here.
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

The property at Butler Greenwood is truly beautiful. Walking the grounds, with its stately live oaks draped with Spanish moss was incredibly romantic, like going back in time to slower, gentler days. We stayed in the Gazebo which was wonderful. Just the perfect place for the perfect trip. Will surely stay here again! Thank you Miss Anne!

Room Tip: Make reservations several weeks in advance.