“Great Spooky fun ”

The Myrtles Plantation
Singer, Louisiana
“Great Spooky fun ”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great girls weekend here back in January. ..what I loved most about this place was how friendly and camp like it was...I mean how often as an adult do u get to run around after dark looking for ghosts with strangers that are staying in the cabin next door ?...we stayed in the Crepe Myrtle cabin..it was a bit pricey but if you get a group together it will def cut down on $$ bc it will sleep 6-8 comfortably..added bonus was we had actual ghost hunters staying on the grounds so we got to hang out with them and learn all kinds of neat stuff..and I def suggest dinner at the Carriage house..yummy drinks and food. .try a Cosmopolitan. .it was divine..all in all it was great spooky fun and yes I do believe the place ia haunted

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Fentress, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here one night. The staff is friendly. The beds were lumpy and squeaked horribly. The tour guide was poorly informed. We at at the restaurant, not owned by the same people, and found it average. Meat was well prepared but of poor quality. The breakfast was not prepared on site unless you count heating up items from the food service purveyor. Even so the biscuits were world class. Mainly the beds were miserable.

Room Tip: This hotel is a B&B known as a haunted plantation. Normal comments would not apply. The period b...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jan D
Colorado
Reviewed 16 July 2014

dont be afraid of this place, yes it has a history of hauntings but it is also such a beautiful place to visit. my friends and i stayed here because we wanted to see if we could experience any supernatural activity first hand. Sad to say we didnt get haunted but we had such a fun time. the highlight of our stay was hester and moses. such wonderful host.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ronweasley
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Being a native of Louisiana, the Myrtles has always been a "must" on my list. After visiting a few times to experience the tours, history and fabulous dining- it was evident that the only thing left to do was to stay the night in one of "America's most haunted homes".

Not sure of what we would experience, a group of girlfriends left our "brave" husbands at home. We just had to get the most out of our experience- so we reserved two beautiful adjoining rooms in the main house.

We knew part of the experience would include some "spooky" experiences, but what we didn't realize was our stay would be so much more! We were immediately greeted by fabulous hosts, all sharing their personal stories and history of this beautiful home. We spent our night walking the grounds- huge might I add- tucked away beneath beautiful trees. Later, we enjoyed conversation, laughter and stories with old and new friends (a couple that was also staying at the home that night) among beautiful rocking chairs on a truly southern porch! Finally, we concluded our night in our bedrooms at the main house. Antiques, fine linens, creeking wooden floors and doors were just part of the accommodations... the room even supplied the "unofficial and not guaranteed" removal of sock service provided by a "resident" of the home. Although, we can't say which spririt we met - the gesture seemed playful- which seemed fitting, as the room we were staying in once "was" the bedroom of the children of the house.

We awoke the next morning to a delicious and truly hospitable southern breakfast and finished our stay with another stroll around the grounds.

If you are looking for a memorable experience accompanied by some mystery and true southern hospitality- this is it!

Book today!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

So, my fiance surprised me with a random trip to The Myrtles Plantation today and it was FABULOUS! The house was just SO beautiful and the town of St. Francesville is just absolutely amazing! So many beautiful historical homes, cemeteries, and churches! (Not to mention there is no lack of antique shopping!) Anyway, we had PIPER (!) as our tour guide who is AMAZING! I would pay her to read to me if she would because she was just THAT enthusiastic when telling our group the stories of The Myrtles. As it was a random trip, we did not stay the night, and no mystery tour (bummer) but we did enjoy our tour and being able to snap beautiful shots of the grounds. I would highly recommend visiting just for the fun of it! :)

1 Thank alstr8
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Elite '14
26 friends
Michael P.
River West? More live River Best!!
New Orleans, LA
7/9/2014
The hauntings are the real deal. This is seriously the most haunted place I've ever been to. We stayed in the Judge Clarke Woodruff room which was really nice, clean, and had an extra bed since we were two guys traveling but by nighttime we were like two shivering little kids on the same bed scared like crazy. By bedtime both beds were kinda lumpy but ok. Our room also gave us access to the grand entrance and staircase with the famous "haunted mirror" as well as a large sitting area just outside the bedroom. This is probably the best room both in comfort and in experiencing something paranormal. The drawback is that given that you're the only one with access to these areas, you'll have to deal with other guests trying really hard to get the doors open to get into your area. Some of the guests get pretty aggressive trying to force their keys to work in there and turning and pulling on the knob. You're made to sign a waiver that nobody else will enter that area so mostly I didn't confront anyone cuz I didn't want to seem like a jerk denying them a simple photo or walk-through.

The grounds are awesome and the overall experience is great. I'm already planning my return trip.

They do focus too much on what you cant do when you arrive. It's all about do not this and do not that which initially seems very uninviting but after a night of aggressive guests trying to get into our area I understand why. Of course, after being beaten by the rule book, everyone was very friendly and talkative especially, I believe her name is Angie, who we met in the restaurant as well as the guy with the beard scruff who worked in the office/giftshop/breakfast area and gave us the tour of the house. It was just the two of us but he gave the full enthusiastic tour.

Can't wait to get back.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed in the Fannie Williams room on a Monday night. We had taken the tour, which was nice, but when I walked into the ladies' parlor, I swore I saw someone's shadow walk by the window, but when I looked, no one was there. We sat on the porch until bedtime, because the sounds of the bull frogs were so relaxing. We went to bed and nothing very eventful happened...until around 4am. I awoke to the sound of footsteps outside my door. The only other couple in the hotel was staying in the room across the hall, so I figured it was them ghost hunting. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I decided to get up and go to the bathroom. I realized that my footsteps did not sound the same as what I had heard nor was it as loud. I asked the people the next morning if they had gone into the hall around that time, and they said no, that you had gone to bed around midnight. I took pictures in the hall way that night before bed. As I was looking at the camera screen on my phone, I could see these "rods" flying through the air (there were no bugs that size inside). They were literally right in front of me! I tried taking pictures and caught a few, but these pictures don't do justice for what I could actually see! I've never seen anything like it. It looked like dragonflies w/o wings darting through the air.

The breakfast was good, and the owner sat with during breakfast and chit-chatted. He was very nice. Sadly, because we stayed on a Monday, the restaurant wasn't open, but I guess that'll give me another excuse to come back.

Room Tip: St. Francisville does not have a huge selection of restaurants, so plan accordingly.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank eidson72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Francisville
Best Western St. Francisville Hotel
Best Western St. Francisville Ho...
#1 of 3 in Saint Francisville
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Zachary
Best Western Zachary Inn
Holiday Inn Express Baton Rouge North
Hilton Garden Inn Baton Rouge Airport
Oak Tree Inn - Livonia West

Been to The Myrtles Plantation? Share your experiences!