“Sunday lunch with family”

The Cromwell Cottage
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
northamptonshire
“Sunday lunch with family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

First visit to the Cromwell cottage, lovely surroundings and nice atmosphere. The roast platter was ok but two of our party had food off the main menu which was delicious. The down side is it's a very busy restaurant so the service was poor, we were left sitting in the lounge for over half hour as nobody told us our table was ready and it didnt get much better, waited for order to be taken, more drinks etc. I'm sure if it wasn't a bank holiday weekend things might have been better but don't go to eat there if you are short on time

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank jlindajen2427

northampton
“Awful food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

The restaurant had been refurbished and seemed nice. However, all three courses I ordered were terrible. I would not go back again unless they had new kitchen staff.

Visited September 2011
Derby, United Kingdom
“Wonderful pub, amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I visited here with a friend yesterday for lunch. When we arrived there was only one other couple in the restaurant, but by the time we left there were another 4 or 5 tables taken. We bought 2 glasses of Pino (which came to over ten pounds!) and went to find our table which we had booked. I went for the roasted belly pork with black pudding, caramelised apple, mashed potato, green beans and Crabbies Ginger Beer gravy. All I have to say, is that it was the best meal I had eaten in a long time!!!!! My friend went for the duck breast and she said it was amazing too! For pudding I went for ginger and treacle tart with clotted cream and my friend went for the creme brule. All in all, it was a lovely lunch in a beautiful pub, with a lovely relaxed atmosphere. The waiter was very attentive and asked us several times if we were enjoying our meal. I would definitely go back here again and have the same meal again, as well as try everything else off the menu!!!!!

• Visited August 2012
uk
“The chef is way out of his depth.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We visited here last year and enjoyed the meal so decided to visit again in May (10 of us) for our Mum & Dads wedding anniversary. Several of us sent food back. The fish pie had barely any fish in it and the sauce was as thin as water. The herb crusted mushroom starter was a joke, a small mushroom as thin as a wafer hidden under a pile of water cress or rocket - I can't remember now- and it was microwaved.
My son enjoyed his meal the most, gammon steak and chips. In fact the simpler the dish the better but if it's anything more than meat pie and chips this restaurant struggles to deliver which is a shame as the surroundings and the service are great.

• Visited May 2012
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great for a celebration...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

Was here with a party of 20 to celebrate my friend's Hen Night. It was the Saturday of the Grand Prix weekend at Silverstone and the place was rammed but the service and the food was still excellent. Staff were very friendly and welcoming, taking photos for us and making sure the evening went well.

• Visited July 2012