“Nice Room, Decent price”
Review of Ambassador Inn

Ambassador Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Scott
“Nice Room, Decent price”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Stayed here for the night while driving from California to Florida. Needed a break after driving straight through the night before. Rooms were new and clean. Hot water in shower worked great. No strange smells from room but, the lobby smelled a little like Indian food? Lol, not sure what was going on with that :) Would definetly stay again, front reception was very friendly and was a good experience. Beds were firm and comfortable. No complaints.................

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank JamminJD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

the reception remember my name and they gave me the best room again very friendly very clean very nice walking distance to the waffle house wendy's and gas station nice location they also have room for tractor not the trailer park so it was still goodfeels good to get out of the truck and take a hot shower and lay in the big bed and now I'm gonna have me some breakfast

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank smiley3301
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 31 May 2012

my wife and I stayed here for my daughters graduation and was pleasantly surprises. the room were clean, but they only keep two big towels in the room. we just went to the front desk and got more and no iron or ironing board in room. reguardless it was a good queit stay and the staff and owners were nice.

Room Tip: close to highway and in a safe area
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank BIGGROBB
United States
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband, and I came here with our two boys. There was a sign across the street at Microtel Suites that said the Best Hotel on the Block. This hotel said the Newest Hotel on the Block. So we thought Newest was most likely better. When my husband went in to see how much the rooms cost we waited in the car. He said after he asked how much the rooms were the lady told him 69, and he said ok. He then attempted to come tell me the price. The lady said wait, wait..how much do you want to pay. Then he said how about 60, and she said no no 65. He came, and told me about it laughing a bit. He went back in, and the price had gone back up to 69...lol. Then after explaining to the guy, he gave the offered price looking upset. He said ya'll can use the other door. We came in, and the room looked ok. The beds were obviously full size, and not queen size like we were told. We actually have backaches after sleeping on them, because they were so hard. Then the microwave wouldn't work. We called, and the man told us that we didn't pay for a microwave, and that he'd heat our stuff, and bring it back. After the rediculous statement, we asked for a refund since we had been here less than 30 minutes, and of course he said no since we had been there more than 15 minutes. So they brought up another microwave late, and asked if we needed to use it all night. My husband said yes, and the guy again said we did not specify that we wanted a microwave, and hooked up the broken one in the room to try to prove it worked. Then he mouthed something, and left. It made us feel very uncomfortable. If there is a microwave in the room...It should obviously work. That is a no brainer.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms first!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank robinm21
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My friend told me not to stay in a certain part of Lafayette and we was like we are going in the middle of no where but it was well worth it the extra drive, close to I-10 and they had a waffle house right across the street, would stay there over and over again very pleasent but I must say 11am check out is 11 am

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lovelyk97
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 8 March 2011

I came to Lafayette to visit my mother and she advised me to stay in this side of town. After looking at several area hotels' reviews, I decided to pick the Ambassador Inn. I am SO happy I did! It's located near several quick eats and the nights were quiet and I felt safe. The hotel staff was very polite and helpful at all times. I booked just a few days before my stay, so I thought it would be more expensive, but actually, the price was very reasonable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CMBristol
houston
Reviewed 3 December 2008

My family stay at this hotel will never be forgotten. The front desk was very courteous and polite. The next morning was when the nightmare begun. The maid service was so rude wanting to clean the room. This was Thanksgiving morning and they wanted to leave to be with their familes. But constantly beating on the door and frontdesk calling to clean the room. We said give us 10 minutes to get dress then they could come in. They did not want to wait. When this was brought to the owners attention. He said that we could go so where else if we did not like it there. So we did this was very upsetting because we had plan on being there two nights. So we packed up everything and left. I hought when you come to a hotel paying your money you should be treated with respect. Not rudeness

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Maide service
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank marzhouston
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scott
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Scott Lafayette
#10 of 50 in Lafayette
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lafayette North
Howard Johnson Scott Lafayette
Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome

Been to Ambassador Inn? Share your experiences!