“Comfortable, Restful, Enjoyable visit”
Review of Ambassador Inn

Ambassador Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Scott
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed for a night while on route to Mexico. This is a very pleasant Hotel with a very attentive proprietor. We felt comfortable the moment we stepped into the Ambassador. It's clean, completely redone with spacious suitable rooms. Continental breakfast was included in the morning. This Hotel is a great value for the $. The proprietor was very personable with an attempt to be certain of our comfort. There is no doubt that we will consider future stays here and suggest the same to others traveling through as well. It's a keeper. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: We requested a ground floor room & was provided one on the left side of the hall as you walk dow...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelYourWorld

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The room wasn't bad for the price. As soon as my husband and I walked into the room, a man knocked on the door stating the police was behind him and he wanted us to leave the door open so he could jump out the window. I quickly shut the door on him. When we walked out the room to go tell the manager. That guy was standing at the end of the hall with another man. I think he was trying to rob us. The manager was kind, he walked us back to the room to get our things and returned our money with no problem. The men were gone by the time we went back to the room. The environment didn't feel safe and I won't go back.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay here.....Very friendly service and the hotel including the room is very well maintained and clean and the bed was nice and cozy! Would definitely stay there again when in the area!
Thanks
Nikki

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Though the hall smells fine, the room smells horrible!!! The bed is hard as a rock. I asked for an accessible room only to get a room that is not. The toilet is extremely low....the bathroom is incredibly small. I will not be staying here again.

1  Thank Alittlewitchy
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This hotel is cheap but ridiculous. The manager at the front desk is rude & racist. His employee gave us a non smoking room when we specifically asked for smoking and when we wanted to change he tells us we will have to pay for that room to but he gave a couple of a different race another room no problem. The staff is loud in the mornings, and bamming on doors an yelling at each other down the hallways. The bathrooms are sad, i will never stay there again and i wouldnt recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Stopthebull
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My friend and I were driving from Savannah GA to Houston TX. After about 10 hours of driving, with at least 3 more to go, we decided late in the evening to stop for the night. We didn't want to spend a fortune since we would only be sleeping, then getting up in the morning to leave. This motel fit the bill of being inexpensive; however, the area is pretty run-down, and while relatively clean, it didn't really live up to my expectations of a place I'm comfortable laying my head down for the night. I probably wouldn't stay here again, though the people who ran the place were pretty friendly (I assume it was family-run).

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2013

In May had wedding in town. We had family and friends staying for 2 nights. Easy access to Lafayette and Interstate 10. Rooms very clean, bathrooms clean, continental breakfast good, staff very helpful, price excellent! Will stay again. Highly Recommended!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scott
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Scott Lafayette
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lafayette North
Pear Tree Inn Lafayette
Pear Tree Inn Lafayette
#12 of 50 in Lafayette

Been to Ambassador Inn? Share your experiences!