“Some things just don't mix well with pizza” 3 of 5 bubbles

Rochetto's Pizzaria
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Scott
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Houston, Texas
“Some things just don't mix well with pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

OK- I'm a pizza purist. I went into this well aware that I'd be disappointed in the crust...and I was. The hand tossed didn't really have a homemade feel/taste to it. The real mistake this visit was trying something unconventional. We went for the etouffee pizza and it just really didn't work for us. It didn't help that the crawfish on it tasted really fishy. I know it's not exactly in season right now, but still. On the flipside, the shrimp on it was tasty. Still, there was very little cheese, you really couldn't taste the sauce, and it seemed only salt and hot sauce really helped it along. At least the service there is decent...minus being seated right next to the kitchen door and waitress stand.

Visited July 2013

Floresville, Texas, United States
“great food, great waitstaff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Hannah and Megan were awesome, good food, came out quick and hot! No complaints here! Good pizza, subs, wraps..

Visited March 2013
Yeovil
“Good meatballs and pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Just a short walk from the Holiday Inn Express and the food was very good with my favourite pasta and meatballs in a spicey sauce, also the 14" pizza was very good as well with a good range of toppings available, well worth a visit for dinner.

Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
“Finally was able to stop here...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

We pass this place every time we drive through Louisiana, but never seem to be hungry at that point in our drive. Well, this trip back one of our girls finally gave the "I'm REALLY hungry" about 10 min out from Rochetto's. So, we decided to stop and we're glad we did.

It was Sunday, so we were super happy for all of the tvs visible from our table so we could check out some of the football pregame shows, but the place was also nice (especially when you're thinking pizza joint).

I was a little confused with the crackers and butter at first since I'm a Jersey girl from a predominantly Italian town, but I reminded myself that this was a blending of Italian and LA style. My husband I each had the penne with tasso and crawfish, and while it's not crawfish season...still mega yum! My girls shared the ham and cheese sandwich off the regular menu and they loved it. My 6 year old was in ham sammy heaven! It was done more like an Italian sub and I must admit...I took a few bites b/c it was just soooo good. I loved my pasta, but man- I wished I'd ordered the sandwich.

We don't live close, but I know we'll be popping in again next time we drive through LA.

Visited November 2012
“Awesome place to eat!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

Would visit again. Love the food!! Great service. Friendly servers. Pizzas are very good. Great pizzas.