“The Very Best Stop”

The Best Stop Supermarket
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Scott
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We live in Oregon but are from south Louisiana and make a trip by motorhome at least once every year or so. Each trip must include filling (and I mean filling) the freezer and refrigerator with boudin, boudin balls, and andouille. Plus we have to buy whatever our relatives we're going to visit want us to get. They have great stuffed boneless chicken, cracklins, stuffed pork chops, and it's all GREAT! Shopping and deciding what to get is half the fun, but what's just as fun is chatting with the staff who are all helpful and super friendly. What's not fun is having to ration our purchases when we get home. It never comes close to lasting until our next trip, but talk about good!

There are newer reviews for The Best Stop Supermarket

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was driving to Crowley monday and realized I would be passing close to Best Stop. I had never been but always heard how great their stuff is. The smell of cracklins and boudin hits you as soon as you get out of your car. I just looked around because I wasnt going to buy anything til friday as my freezer is full right now , but one of their employees gave me a bag with a boudin ball and a cracklin in it just so I could sample while I was there. They were awesome and I then decided to buy something so I bought a bag of beef jerky which was the best Ive ever had. They also have things like duck breasts stuffed with cream cheese and jalapenos then wrapped with bacon........I'll be back there friday !

Reviewed 12 August 2013

On a whim, we decided to stop here. It was easy on/easy off IH10. I gave the Boudin Balls a quick try, then loaded up on some goodies. We visited on a Sunday early afternoon, and only had a few other visitors in the shop with us. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. In the future, I will not drive through without stopping here. You shouldn't either!

1  Thank chicagarcia
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Absolutely THE BEST stuffed pork chops ever! Every time I come here, I have to bring an ice chest with me to bring back orders for friends. The variety of meats are endless - stuffed pork chops, quail, rabbit, boudin, you name it. Be sure to get a small bag of cracklins while you are there. I'd tell you to get a large, but they are so good, you will end up eating the entire bag and have a cholesterol reading through the roof! The boudin balls are great too.
The staff there are super friendly and helpful. Easy access off I-10 at the Cankton/Scott exit.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

The woman waiting in ine in front of me would not let me leave without getting the stuffed pork-chops, smoked boudin, mixed boudin (spicy Cajun sausage with rice and pork filling), pork tasso and boudin balls. They sell dry ice, buy it and buy whatever the locals or your eyes tell you. Beyond good.