Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scott - Lafayette West
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Scott
TN
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed 26 June 2008

My husband and I were traveling from TN to Houston, TX and stopped to spend the night in Lafayette. We booked the HIE in Scott by using our Priority Club points. We called last minute and got a handicap accessible room - #105. The room was spacious, clean, and well equipped. The bed was comfortable and the staff was SUPER nice upon check in. We did not eat breakfast but from what I saw it was standard HIE fare. My only "complaint" is the clammy feel of the room and the hotel in general; however, I know I am in the South with water nearby so humidity in summer is to be expected. We would stay here again if in the area and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Louisiana
Reviewed 29 May 2008

Hotel was newer and clean. Kids loved the pool which suprisingly went from 3 feet on both ends to 5 feet in the middle. Breakfast was ok. However, the hotel did have several problems. We had to change our reservation a few weeks prior to arriveal from two nights to one. At the time we also corrected the room (they stated that we were in a smoking room while I specifically asked for non-smoking). Upon arrival, neither of these changes occurred. They still wanted to charge us for the extra night that we cancelled. Even now, a week later, it's still not credited. So I'm having to call -long distance I might add- to get it fixed. Another couple that we traveled with also had problems with their reservation. Although they called and made reservations, upon arrival they didn't have a room reserved. Luckily they got this handled that very same evening. Another issue that I saw is even though there were signs in the lobby area stating no pets allowed, I saw on three separate occasions people walking through the halls with their pets.

So even though I've never had any problems with HIE in past travels, I will not stay in Scott, LA. There are other options in Lafayette or even toward Rayne.

• Liked — Kids loved the pool
  • Disliked — The reservation/front desk compentency
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Scott hotels

Austin,Teaxs
Reviewed 17 March 2008

We selected this hotel because we noticed it while driving on I-10 on previous trips and it looked very new ,which appeals to my spouse. It turns out that the property is less then 1 year old and looked very nice driving up until we noticed that they had very little landscaping and what they had was either dead or dying. The rooms were great,very clean,beds seemed to be not as comfortable as the other HIE we have stayed in. Our only true complaint was that the common areas ( Lobby, hallways, elevator,restrooms,glass doors) were quite dirty( restroom- not clean/no paper, hallways-not vacuumed, Tile floors- not mopped, glass doors - hand prints, elevator - prints /not vacuumed ). I thought it might have been because we were checking in late in the day but things were in the same condition the next day. As mentioned by the previous reviewer the hotel is a little out of the way but within 15 minutes of ULL and shopping.But if you like to be in the middle of the action I would choose the other Lafayette location( stayed there in 2007) which is also nice.

We would stay here again but I wish they would address the two issues mentioned above.

Stayed March 2008
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 2 January 2008

I stayed one night on business at this HIE. The hotel is very nice and new. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The wired Internet worked well. The breakfast was standard HIE and was good.

This hotel is outside of Lafayette and is kinda by itself. There was a McDonald's and a local restaurant nearby, but that was it. I would recommend if you are coming in around dinner time to stop in Lafayette first to eat, then go to the hotel.

Overall, this is a nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Canton, Mississippi
Reviewed 21 November 2007

Just returned from spending a week at the Holdiay Inn Express & Suites in Scott, LA. I must say I was very impressed with this hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly and very competent. The room was very spacious and comfortable. I was concerned that there were wedding parties saying there, but the guest were encourged to visit in the common room and you could not hear them in the rooms. The complimentary breakfast was very good. I recommend the cinnamon rolls, they were fantastic!
It is in very good location. There are some really good restaurants nearby. You can stay away from the traffice but get to most places in Lafayette in 15 minutes.
Overall this is a great place to stay!

Stayed November 2007
2 Thank southerntraveler07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scott
Comfort Inn & Suites
#5 of 50 in Lafayette
Hampton Inn Lafayette
Hampton Inn Lafayette
#9 of 50 in Lafayette

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scott - Lafayette West? Share your experiences!