Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scott - Lafayette West
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Scott
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

From the time we walked in, to meeting the housekeeping staff in the hall, we were always greeted very friendly. Breakfast selection is great. Little one liked the pool, but would've liked a hot tub in the evening. Hotel was very clean, but bathroom shower/tub tile almost appear dirty due to "wear and tear." Wouldn't think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
MARK D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scott - Lafayette West, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Ms Sarah thank you for your comments on our property. Sorry we did not have a hot tub but happy to see your little one enjoyed the pool. Hope to have you as our guest in the future.

Mark Duhon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

By traveling as much as I do for business I've come quite fond of certain hotel chains, Holiday Inn is usually not my first choice, but this particular hotel was an exception. Clean rooms, good selection for breakfast and excellent staff. Will stay here again

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Srichardson86
Thank you for your comments on our property,please stay with us again on your next visit to Scott La.

Mark Duhon
GM
Thibodaux, Louisiana
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was excellent. Excellent breakfast, clean, quiet, and comfortable. Super friendly staff. We were here for a travel baseball tournament. Those that play travel ball know that our games can sometimes run late therefore causing us to come in later. The pool closes at 9 pm sharp not leaving the kids any time to enjoy themselves. I suggest the pool stay open until 10. Next time we will chose a hotel that allows the kids to swim upon return from working hard all day on the baseball field.

• Stayed June 2014
MARK D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scott - Lafayette West, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
I am glad to hear all of your team enjoyed our hotel. Please do not be discouraged about staying with us again. Next time you decide to stay and wish to use the pool after hours, please notify management beforehand and we can certainly work something out for you. We hope to see you again during another fun baseball season.
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

When comparing this hotel to other brands in its class, I give it 2.5 of 5 stars, but when comparing it to other Holiday Inn Express hotels (which are normally pretty good), I give it 1.5 of 5 stars. The low rating generally results from the overall cleanliness, maintenance and security of the room. The exterior of the hotel and the lobby were nice, well kept and clean. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel room itself was not terrible, but was not as clean as I expect a Holiday Inn Express to be. There were a lot of signs that their cleaning / maintenance staff had not properly cleaned / maintained the room for an extended period of time. The white window curtains were stained yellow, the wallpaper on the walls were stained in some areas, and the bathroom could have been cleaned better. The bathroom tile grout was disgusting, and in desperate need of cleaning. The white shower curtain had large yellow stains on the inside from prior guests. The bathroom was not properly vented, so it got very hot / humid when showering. The wallpaper in the bathroom was significantly stained and damaged - likely from the improper ventilation / humidity resulting therefrom. The caulk around the tub / shower was showing signs of deterioration with mild discoloration in caulked areas, and looked as if new caulk had been placed on top of old caulk to mask the problem. One of the soap trays in the shower had been broken off of the wall and not repaired, and the other soap tray that was still in place, but was not far behind it. I was also unhappy with the maid services for one of the days that I was there. The first day, the maid service was great. The second day, the maid service removed the old bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths, bath mat and trash bags, but did not replace them with new ones. The shower had a slow leak, and when I entered the room the maid service had left the shower dripping on the bathroom floor, leaving a large puddle on the bathroom floor, and no new towels to clean-up the mess. I was also somewhat concerned with the cleanliness of the beds. The beds appeared clean, and there were no signs of any type of bug infestation whatsoever, but, when laying in bed, my legs were being eaten alive by some sort of bug. I removed the blankets and pillows from bed and there was a small spider looking bug under the pillow, but killing it did not stop the bites. I was also concerned with the poor quality of security devices in the room. The door handles and locks were firmly attached and in good working condition, but the door jam itself felt very loose, leaving the closed door feeling somewhat un-secure. The window in the room could have been secured better also. The window was next to a sidewalk on the exterior of the 1st floor of the building, and the only latch was a small approx. 2 inch latch attached to the inside of the window, which felt like it could easily have been broken off with minimal force. All in all, the room was not horrible, but certainly could have been cleaned / maintained better. I will not likely stay at this hotel again, nor would I recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank C L
MARK D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scott - Lafayette West, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered. Thank you though for the review as we will take this information and pass it on to our staff to help better our facilites. I hope in the future you come and visit us as I am sure you will see improvements.

Travellers are raving about these Scott hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Traveled solo on personal business and this location is very convenient for me. Had a problem with the HVAC the first couple nights (temp fine - humidity very high), but management moved me and upgraded my room for same price. Made good use of their business center computer as I did not have a WiFi laptop with me. Good variety for the breakfast buffet. Pool, though smaller, was very clean and nice on a warm evening.
Dining in the immediate area limited to fast food - McDonald's, Popeyes Chicken, etc, but Fezzo's restaurant close to hotel had excellent food.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
MARK D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scott - Lafayette West, responded to this review, 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am glad to hear you were able to make use of our complementary business center since you did not have your laptop with you. Next time you are traveling through we hope to see you again!
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were extremely pleased with our two day visit - all members of the staff were friendly and customer service oriented. The room was clean and nice - no problems experienced. Breakfast was outstanding. Location is outstanding with easy access to I-10. Can't say enough good things - we (family of four) were most pleased.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
MARK D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scott - Lafayette West, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for stopping by and visiting our facilities. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. The next time you are coming back through, come visit us again!
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed 14 May 2014

After having a reservation at the HOJO in Lake Charles and deciding it wasn't a safe place to stay. We decided to start heading back to NO area. We were getting tired and hungry and the Holiday Inn looked new and decided to stop and see if there were any rooms available. We were in luck! When entering the establishment it smelled clean and had an inviting appeal. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The staff was friendly and very helpful. If in the area will stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
MARK D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scott - Lafayette West, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience about the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Scott, La. I'm delighted to hear your trip improved after your stay. Please come back and stay with us again the next time you are passing through town!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scott
Comfort Inn & Suites
#10 of 50 in Lafayette
Pear Tree Inn Lafayette
Pear Tree Inn Lafayette
#14 of 50 in Lafayette

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scott - Lafayette West? Share your experiences!