Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shreveport-Airport
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great plAce ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay no complaints at all rooms are clean and modern staff are very accomadating great value for money by far the best choice in the area don't even bother checking out the Ramada close by this is leaps and bounds ahead

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Not to slag this place but housekeeping is definitely not thoroughly cleaning the rooms. Dirty walls, areas around switch plates, sticky laminate floor, dusty and so on. Food bits in corners, hallways, etc. Starting to smell musty and air fresheners in the hallways.

On the good part, check-in staff are great and pleasant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shreveport-Airport, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear Vancouver_CanadaRick,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments regarding cleanliness are very much appreciated. This is one of the ways that let us know where we need to improve.

Once again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Connie D
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights, and was astounded at what I got for the price! Everything was just about perfect! The staff was accommodating, the room was spacious, and everything was well maintained and clean! My ONLY complaints are that there was no cream or sugar in the room for coffee (but was easily obtained downstairs), and more coffee was $1 (there are two of us and we both like our coffee. one pot of 3 cups total was not enough. HOWEVER, the man at the counter told us just to take it and not worry about the money). If those are my only complaints, that is pretty good. I would DEFINITELY stay again, and recommend it to others!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Alexandria, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We got a room for one night. Loved the kitchenette and stocked cabinets even though we had no use for them. Also had a great desk/office space. If you need something like that then this is the place for you. The chairs and carpet were worn, but stuff like that does not bother me. Overall it is updated and despite the slightly worn nature, it was exceptionally clean, and the beds were very comfy. They had a cool looking little barbecue pavilion, and the pool was clean, but we didn't have time to utilize either of them. I wish they would have had a continental breakfast of some kind, but I knew going into that they did not. The staff was also very, very friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shreveport-Airport, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Jessica P,

Krysllin G.
Cleburne, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

My son, daughter-in-law and I have stayed at this hotel many times. My grandchildren are in Centenary College there. We spent last Sat. night there to see my granddaughter in a production of Les Miserables. My daughter-in-law had made reservations on line for a one bedroom suite and a single for me. When we checked in (which took forever) we were told that they did not have the bedroom suite available. The guests who had been in that room for 30 days decided to stay one more day and instead of telling them that it had already been booked, they told us we could not have it after making confirmed reservations. We have stayed at hotels before and decided to stay past our reservations and were told we could but would have to change rooms if they had reserved it for that day for another party. The lady on the desk did not seem to know what she was doing and was going to charge them the same price for a regular room as the suite. My daughter-in-law said no and they changed their mind then. After that, the lady was very cool to us and was not very friendly when she checked us out. It seems their reservation policy means nothing. There is not much point to making reservations as they do not honor them. Also, the hotel is getting very worn and old looking and the hall and rooms were not as clean as they had once been.The floor was sticky and so was the elevator. The next morning there was no milk for cereal. There is no continental breakfast available and the price should include one. If you want to eat, you pay extra. This place offer nothing. Needlessless to say we will not be back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Linda6155638
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shreveport-Airport, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Linda6155638,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Your opinion, as every single guest, is very important to us and serves us as an advise and motivation for the future.

I am very disappointed to hear about your experience during your stay. Our goal has always been to deliver world class experience and seamless reservation system and we deeply regret that we fell short on our regular standards on this occasion. I humbly extend an apology for the inconvenience you had with your reservation and for the dissatisfaction with the level of service provided.

Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and will be used to target opportunity areas. We all hope that you will give us another chance and allow us to win your confidence back in our hotel.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Shreveport hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Got there no water in the pool both nights we stayed there! We request a double and receive a single with a small roll in bed! Our cousins came in a few hours later and had the same problem we did, went to the front desk and said they ask for a double and was given a double! After checking in we were warned by other guest to check our beds and towels to see it was clean! Both of our rooms had a funny smell to it so we use febreeze, on the wall by the air conditioner was mold! Even though we were on the third floor i didn't feel comfortable with the fact that the curtains could not close over the sheer curtains! Overall its a good room to go to sleep shower and leave and go about your day but not vacation wise!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank terashia
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shreveport-Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear terashia,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the over-all issues you had during your stay. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, we have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

When I arrived at 10pm, I was told that there was only one room available. This room had one bed and there were no roll always. I explained that I had made a reservation and provided a credit card number earlier in the day and was even able to show them the email confirmation. The front desk staff explained to me that they had sold the room because I had not checked in. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone that is counting on a room
being available upon arrival. The front desk staff was unapologetic and offered nothing to rectify the situation.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Mrs248
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shreveport-Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Mrs248,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with. I am deeply sorry you received services that was less than satisfactory. We are hospitality professionals and pride ourselves on delivering world class service. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Zelyn N