“Good option in Shreveport”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Shreveport-Airport
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Good option in Shreveport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2010

This is a nice Candlewood Suites, the rooms were clean and comfortable. Definitely a no frills place. The parking lot was a bit on the small side...also, I had a view of an abandoned motel from my window...that was very creepy.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2009

Decent cust service. Room was clean and good size. Seemed like an older hotel. Rate was too high.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

I stayed at your Candlewood location in Shreveport on Hollywood Ave Sept 26th and it was absolutely wonderful. That was the cleanest hotel I have stayed at in a very long time. I didnt have 1 complaint. My mother, sister, aunt, and cousin were with me and they were soooo impressed. Not to mention the staff, Judy at the front desk and Sharealla the office manager are AWESOME...thanks for such a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2009

The staff were very professional, friendly, and helpful.
Thank you Ms. Barnhill and Ms. Melody for all the courteous, you and your staff shown me, and my family during our stay at Candlewwood.
I highly recommend this hotel.
Please call the hotel and make your reservation to confirm availability of the rooms.
The rooms go fast. Which tells you that the service is good.
I will definitely be staying at Candlewood again!!!

The Family from Georgia

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank cookiehuff
Indianapolis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2008

I made a group reservation several months in advance for 8 rooms each with double beds for an athletic team. I sent in a rooming list at least a month ahead of our check-in date. I even called the day before we were to arrive to double-check that our reservations were set. I arrived with the my group of 16 people at 11pm the night of check-in and all of our rooms were NOT reserved in their system. They had somehow lost the entire booking within 24 hours. They could only find us 8 King rooms, so we managed for that evening just so we could stay somewhere. In the morning when speaking with management and ATTEMPTING to speak with the owner, they would do nothing to fix their mistake. They said they were going to give us a lower rate since our reservation had been lost, however, the so-called "lower" rate that they gave us was the ORIGINAL rate that we were quoted at. The owner, who was visibly sitting in another room refused to come out and talk with us about the situation. Overall, owner & management were extremely unorganized and unprofessional.

• Liked — Rooms were decent b/c included kitchenette and flat screen tv
  • Disliked — reservations lost, lack of professionalism & customer service, paper thin walls
  • Stayed October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kwheels12
Ruston,LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2008

I really enjoyed my one night stay here. I'm from Ruston and meet up with one of my friends from Houston. He had no problem finding it. It's right across from the airport but you can't here anything!! The staff were very friendly and helpful. It's set up like a suite and I love the fully equipped kitchen. The bed is very comfortable. The bathroom was clean. They also have like a 36 or 40 inch flat screen in the room & also a DVD player & you can get movies from the front desk to watch free of charge. I just only wish they had breakfast, but IHOP and other resturants were nearby!!!! I got there at 1 and was able to check in early with no problems. I will definitely be staying at Candlewood again!!!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)