“Don't Judge Book by Cover”
Review of India's Restaurant

India's Restaurant
Ranked #66 of 495 Restaurants in Shreveport
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Kids, Groups
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Don't Judge Book by Cover”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The location and outside appearance give the impression of a total dive. The menu and food scream otherwise. This place has a very extensive menu.

My dinner started with the assorted bread basket which gave a good cross section of nan, kulcha, and roti. All excellent but the garlic nan and onion kulcha stood out. Best dipped in the plum sauce.

Entree was shrimp do pyaza which was shrimp, bell pepper, onion, tomato in curry spice sauce over rice. Very good. The mild option gave a pleasant burn without watery eyes and/or nose. Dinner date had chicken tikka masala which came in a tomato and herb cream sauce over rice. Again, mild option was just right.

Drinks were Taj Mahal beers that fit the meal perfectly. Each beer bottle is the equivalent of 2 beers.

Will be coming back in the future to try the rest of the menu.

• Visited July 2013

“Awesome Food”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We were visiting Shreveport from Cali and totally loved the food. We were very skeptical when we entered the location, but the food was awesome. The food was totally delicious and the spices were excellent. Don't let the decor hinder your judgement of food.

• Visited June 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“very enjoyable”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Rice, pakora, nan, and aloo gobhi were all excellent. Service from Terry was exemplary. Very glad to have found this place as we travelled across the country. We'll definitely return if we take the same route back.

Visited May 2013
Cobh, Ireland
“Always will be, always has been my absolute favorite!”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

My father knew the owenrs a long time ago when I was younger, so I was brought here a lot. I remember the lady teaching me some words in her native language and she even offered to host my babyshower when I was pregnant. Ive been out of the country a while now and understand its under new managment. Im not sure the story, and would like to know, but I went there again with my husband and AGAIN I was completly impressed. The new manager is doinga fabulous job carrying on this tradition and I was very impressed. Thank you so much for keeping it special for me and God bless!! Try the coffee!!! BEST EVER! and the lamb saag mmmm !!

• Visited March 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice little Indian place”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Yelp gave it rave reviews so I thought I'd try it out. It's in a shady shopping center, but those are usually the best places. I had the Chicken Tikka Masala(sp) and Garlic Naan. I was a bit dissapointed they didn't have a dinner buffet, but I knew that going in. The portion size was a bit small for the price, but it tasted great and came out with just the right amount of spice.

Visited December 2012