“Dont stay here”

Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Dallas, United States
“Dont stay here”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

horrible experience, smells like smoke and management was rude. Breakfast was bad as well, after they made me show proof that breakfast was included with my reservation..They overbooked so some of the rooms were already occupied when my friends tried to enter their room. Then some one was given a key to their room as well. That could have been a very dangerous situation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I think some of these reviews are a bit harsh. I visited shreveport with a friend. As two young women traveling alone, our first thought on where to stay was about security. This hotel is on a safe strip of hotels, with well-lit parking lot & keyed entry on all outer-facing doors. The pool was out of order, which didn't matter for us, since we hadn't planned on swimming. The room was very cool (it was 95+ outside) & clean. The mattresses were extremely comfortable, as well as adjustable (there is a knob on the side where you can make them more or less firm.) My only complaint would be that I think the hot breakfasts are overpriced at 10.95. The cold breakfast choices (scones, bagels, fruit, etc.) are only 3.95. The attitude of the staff bumped this review up to a 5 star. Every single staff member, from the front desk, to those busy cleaning the facility, the maids changing sheets in the hallways & those working the breakfast bar, they were so incredibly helpful, respectful, well-spoken and friendly. Couldn't say enough about the staff. All I can figure is that this place has a great management team.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Allyy504
kansas city, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The hotel was nice. I liked the adjustable comfort beds. I was not told about them and just happened to discover the dial on the side of the bed. Once I figured out how to adjust the bed it was very comfortable. the pool was out of commission almost the whole time I was there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank John S
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We find that while driving across country, we cannot go wrong with Hilton Gardens Inn. We always sleep well, have free wifi, and are now getting HH points. We like the cafe service at night. We worked out here and everything was well attended to.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
dallas, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Hilton for our 17th year anniversary. The room was very nice and clean. Customer service was great. Easy access to restaurants and casinos. We will definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Janice T
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel while driving to TX. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful.

There weren't many people staying that night. Thus the breakfast buffet wasn't what I'm used to expecting at a Hilton Garden. It was still good, but not the usual layout.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Spring Branch, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stay at hotels every week - about 1/2 the time I stay in Hilton properties & I have to say this is one of the worst. The staff was very friendly but the rooms where bad. Not clean at all! The 1st room the gave me smelled bad, the comforter was dirty & when I pulled the sheets back there was hair in the bed - yuck!!! They quickly switched me to another room & gave me a free voucher for breakfast for the trouble. The 2nd room smelled much better & the comforter & sheets were clean but areas of the carpet looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in a very long time! Plus, guess what was in the shower & on some of the towels - more hair! I do have to say that the breakfast was really good, cooked to order however it took quite a while (longer than usual) to get the food & it wasn't even very busy. Needless to say I wont be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business