“A nice respite....”

Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We just spent 3 nights at the Homewood Suites in Shreveport, LA while attending a family baby shower weedend. At first glance, the place is fabulous. We loved our open concept suite and the king bed was comfy and welcoming. However, the bathroom sink was broken in 4 places (how do you break a porcelain sink?), and, we went without maid service for one full day, which meant we had no towels, no pretty, welcoming bed made, etc. We called down for towels and they delivered them promptly at 11:00 at night. The next day we had to track down the housekeeping staff to make sure our room could be made up! While this is a fairly new Homewood, the problem we always encounter at any hotel that ends in "Suites" is that people tend to "load" these rooms with 8 or 10 people, most of which are screaming children because the rooms are of ample size. It's got to be a great cost to the hotel in food alone, and it's really hard to even attempt to use the pool or other ammenities. I think that during the week, this could be a really nice place to stay! Go while it still has some newness to it before the "Room Stackers" ruin it!

Dear sccheeto;

On behalf of the entire staff, please accept our apologies for the issues that you encountered while you were here during your recent trip to our hotel. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate comments from our concerned guests so we may correct any issues that our guests may have.

We hope that you will give us another chance if your plans have you returning to the Shreveport area so we can show you the level of service that you are accustomed to receiving while you travel.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Shreveport

Reviewed 30 June 2012

while many other places in shreveport are very questionable, this place is situated out of the way, its very clean, and the rooms are huge! you get alot of bang for you buck!!! they do a free beer and wine service mon-thur as well as a "dinner" which really wasnt good at all...(its basically frozen food) but its free so that makes it better. they have a pretty decent breakfast too. nice pool and jacuzzi!

Dear Jennsastar;

Thank you for the nice comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel, but our staff is disappointed that you did not enjoy your dinner while you were here. The menu item while you were here is one of our more popular items on our menu.

We all would love to see you again if your travel plans have you coming back to the Shreveport area.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Homewood Suites this past weekend and were extremely satisfied. I always stay with Hilton hotels, but this was my first time at a Homewood. We had a studio suite (rm. 109) that was very spacious, clean, and "homely". In my reservation request, I asked the staff to ensure the a/c was turned on well before we arrive, and I was very pleased to walk into a cold room upon arrival. Service was top-notch - always greeted with a smile. I even noticed the hotel manager on Sunday morning going to each breakfast table and speaking with all of the guests to ensure they had a pleasant stay. Can't say enough about the quality staff and hospitality.

Breakfast was okay - not the selection you'd find at Embassy Suites, but still better than your typical continental variety. The breakfast serving area could benefit from a little expansion - it gets crammed when there are 8+ people getting food at once - but not a big deal at all. The pool area was nice and relaxing, a relief during the blazing LA summer heat.

One tip for out-of-towners: if you're plotting your route through Mapquest, take the Pines exit on I-20 instead of the W. 70th St exit on Hwy 3132. The bridge on Buncomb Road is out of order.

Overall it was a great trip, and I would highly recommend it to any other travelers that want to avoid the costly weekend rates at the Horseshoe or other casinos. I'll certainly stay here again on my next trip to Shreveport!

Dear Cajunmadewhodat;

On behalf of the entire stay at the Homewood Suites in Shreveport, thank you for staying with us and writing a review of our hotel.

We are pleased that we were able to satisfy your check in requests to your satisfaction as well as the rest of your stay.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you here from Monroe in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

This was a great place to stay in every way. We were in town for a golf outing, and decided not to stay in the hotel selected for the group (I checked tripadvisor and the group hotel did not have any ratings - I've grown to depend on the tripadvisor ratings, so didn't want to chance it - just as I suspected, this was a good decision - the other people did not like the group hotel and wish they had made another choice). But back to our stay at the Homewood Suites. Every encounter with staff in the hotel, from check in/out, housekeeping, or just running into to someone in the hall, we were greeted with a smile and a "hello" or "may I help you".
The room was spacious and decorated nicely. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. One day, our fresh towels were a bit late in arrival, but I discovered there were two busloads of teenagers in the hotel - which probably meant every towel in the place had to be laundered. The fact that I didn't know there were so many teenagers in the place until I saw them getting on the bus says something about the quietness of the hotel.
The breakfast was very nice, including freshly baked muffins every morning. They also had an evening meal including a salad bar on weeknights which we sampled one evening. It was very fresh and tasty.
We used the fitness room - on the first evening, it was a bit warm and there was no way to regulate the temperature. I didn't report it, but when we used it the next few days it was much cooler, so maybe there was a problem that was repaired.
As stated by another reviewer, I cannot say enough good things. I will definitely stay here again if we are in Shreveport.

Room Tip: We chose an upper floor - even though the hotel was full, it was very quiet. I never heard other gu...
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear Suzieshu;

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff. This is what the Homewood Suites in Shreveport strives for and is one of the reasons that we were a to 10% Homewood Suites in 2011.

You are correct that we had a repair done to our exercise facility during the time that you were here and we apologize for the uncomfortable session you had the first day.

We hope that you enjoyed your golf in our area as much as your stay with us. We look forward to having you back with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Our family tagged along with my husband on a business trip and we stayed in Shreveport at the Homewood Suites. The breakfast is standard fare, but they do offer evening appetizers that are definitely enough to make a meal of. Staff was EXTREMELY friendly and attentive and hotel and room were very clean. There were some bugs in the pool (but HELLO, it's Louisiana in summer) and they cleaned the pool right away when asked. Also, we were given a free upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite when we arrived. I cannot say enough good things!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
HomewoodSHV, General Manager at Homewood Suites Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

Dear advisor2396:;

Thank you for spending some time with us recently and we are very excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for the bugs but as you mention, this is Louisiana in the summertime.

Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

In our travels we had not stayed at a Homewood Suites Hotel prior to this trip. We were pleasantly surprised. Friendly service, large suite with full kitchen, dishes and utensils, and a comfortable bed. In addition this location offers a hot breakfast buffet and Monday - Thursday a Manager's reception (5-7 pm) that includes a light dinner, beer and wine. The breakfast is as good as that from an IHOP. The dinner included a salad bar with fresh greens and a selection of ingredients, corn, a basic chicken cacciatore, and dinner rolls. This will be our choice if we return to Shreveport.

1  Thank redneckersson5
HomewoodSHV, General Manager at Homewood Suites Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear redneckerson5;

Thank you for staying with the Homewood Suites in Shreveport recently and taking time out to write a nice review on our hotel. Our property takes pride in our service and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the meals while you were here.

Thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you again on a future trip.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed here last night for the second time (stayed here last year). Everything was good except the person above me stomping around all night. The hotel can't help that. Beds were comfortable, entire facility was clean. I did not eat the comp food so I cannot comment on that. The staff was extremely friendly. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor so no one stomps above you all night!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Firemshll,

On behalf the entire staff of the Homewood Suites in Shreveport thank you for coming back to stay with us again on this most recent trip. We love our repeat guests and are happy that you wanted to return. We hope to see you again and again.