“last hotel of a long trip”

Comfort Inn Shreveport
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Since we were on the last stop of our honeymoon before finishing the long drive home, they gave us a lower price on our room. That was a nice surprise, and the front desk staff gets a thumbs up on that one! We were on the first floor, and it was quieter than I thought it would be. The room was clean except for the bathroom. I think the maid service skipped it. There was an old, wet bar of soap left in the shower, a dirty toilet and hair all over the floor. We were too exhausted to complain. The bed was comfortable and we were only there one night.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed 1 night. The concierge gave me a room on the floor that was under construction, also the A/C didn't work. So I had to change rooms . Got little sleep and wasted over $100. I was not at all pleased with the service, or quality. The only thing this hotel has going for it is its close to I49.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Kylek55
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here before and been very satisfied. However this trip was a disaster. The lobby is undergoing major remodeling. The floors are torn up, the walls and trim are messed up, construction drape covers are everywhere, there is dust from sheetrock and the noise from jack hammers is deafening. The management should have chosen to close for business until the repairs were completed or given steep discounts for those customers willing to put up with the mess. Paying $100 a night for this was not a good value. If you book this hotel be sure to verify that all the construction has been completed or don't stay there. There is another nice hotel within 3 miles to the east.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank AUB1968
BOB P, Manager at Comfort Inn Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
First of all i would like to apologize for replying this late and i do appreciate your bussiness.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay at our hotel.
and we would like to see you at out hotel on you next trip to Shreveport, LA after the renovation is done. Also i would like to offer you 20% off on your next trip at our newly renovated hotel.

Bob

Reviewed 26 October 2012

Checked in at 6:30am checked out at 3:15pm same day. Oilfield, job ended early.
There was some confusion over billing but it was taken care of promptly.
Motel is in the process of remodeling, there was no inconvenience at all.
Staff and management were great. Their price came down from the last time I stayed there.
If price remains reasonable I will return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Eddie B
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Had a great nights sleep,quite location and close to all the locations I need to visit. Just a short drive to restrauns, shopping, attractions gas just anything you might need. Friendly staff and good coffee.When back in this area I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank shopgir
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Standard budget hotel

The hotel is right on I-49, but we had a room on the side away from the highway, so the noise was not enough to bother us. There is lots of parking, and a couple of fast food restaurants within walking distance, more upscale and family restaurants are a short drive. The pool is small, but still big enough to swim a few laps. Very welcome after a hot ride. It has been hot for quite a while, so the water was actually warm when we got in to cool off. It was still a nice relaxing soak, even if the water temperature was a bit warmer than we had planned on! We didn’t find the hot tub, but we did notice that there was a guest laundry. WIFI is free but it’s a bit slow, and the air conditioning worked like a charm. I thought the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

There is a small fridge, microwave, coffee pot and iron in the room. The king bed was very comfy, but the pillows aren’t great. They go flat pretty quickly. The room is a good size, and there is a seating area and desk with chair. The room was clean in general, but I think housekeeping got distracted when they were cleaning this room – there was a big bar of green soap, not provided by the hotel, in the shower when we got there! Not enough to make me want to switch to another room, but a bit on the gross side. The water pressure in the shower was practically non-existent. If you have long hair, you’re in for a long shower, but at least there was no end to the hot water. The walls are pretty thin – we could hear the people upstairs walking around and talking in the morning, and we could almost understand what they were saying!

Full breakfast is included. The usual breakfast items are there – coffee, tea, juice, breads, cereals, pastries and yogurt, even cold boiled eggs - along with some hot selections – waffles and sausage patties. The hotel must have been pretty busy as breakfast was busy and they ran out of a few things while we were there. They were pretty quick to replenish whatever ran out, though, so it was a minor inconvenience at best.

I thought the price was a bit high, but the other hotels in the area are about the same cost. I would probably stay here again for another overnight stop.

Room Tip: get a room on the front side of the hotel if highway noise keeps you awake at night.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DorisBH
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights while in town for an event. This hotel's location was convenient, both in its proximity to the event and in ease of getting off/on I-49. My room was clean and comfortable, and the overall stay was good.

The hotel's description may be out-of-date. For example, it indicates that there is a hot tub in addition to the pool, but the hot tub was nowhere to be found. That aside, they do have a pool and a guest laundry, and the breakfast was good. The sausage gravy was particularly good. You may want to heat your cold biscuit in the toaster, however.

Though this hotel was a little overpriced and it was nothing special, there certainly wasn't anything seriously wrong, either. If I return to this area, I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo