“The Worst ever.....”

Ranked #6 of 6 Shreveport B&B and Inns
Powder Springs, Georgia
“The Worst ever.....”
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Yes, you definately get what you pay for. If you are a clean person and you have the least bit of respect for yourself and your loved ones you will find somewhere else to stay. My girlfriend and I were in Shreveport for the game this past weekend (Sept. 4-6) and we stayed in this hotel or inn whatever you want to call it (Merryton Inn) and we were ROBBED. But the story gets better, we were robbed while we lay asleep in our room. Yes, the police were called in and they stated that it was an inside job. So from one very concerned individual to another, please I beg you to find somewhere else to lay your head. We were with a group of people, the reservations were made for us, but if I had it to do ALL over again I would NOT stay there, don't be taken by the price/rate they are that low for a reason. This place is a NIGHTMARE............Ms. Concerned

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Do not believe the photos on the website for the Merryton Inn! The pictures must be from day 1 of their opening in 2000. The name should be changed to the ROACH MOTEL, we had to ask the roaches for permission to go in our room. You can not get clean in their dirty soap scum showers, I kept my shoes and under clothes on to shower. I did not trust the water at all, plus it would not drain, water covered my feet while in the shower. Oh, did I mention someone's room was burgularized while they we sleep inside the room. No the security cameras did not catch it!!! And the police did not come until hours later. I was so embarassed to walk my children in that hell hole! Never again! My bad, I'm from Houston, TX and did not know any better. Never question or bargain the cost of where you will sleep and shower!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank opions

Travellers are raving about these Shreveport hotels

Reviewed 6 June 2010

Fist I ask on hotels.com for a room with a jucuzzi and big bed. When I get here I seeen the small room, and I could not believe I wasted my money, I ipgraded to the suiite, by paying 40 extra dollars a night, which sucked.. but the suite was an okay choice but def not a 3 star. I'm ashamed.

• Stayed September 2010
texas
Reviewed 25 March 2010

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. They said there was a heated pool but it was green and not heated. It was so nasty we did not stay all night. We took our kids and left. From the front door to the room was so dirty and no one seemed to care. Find somewhere else to stay because the is not a good place.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank happy015_10
longview
Reviewed 3 March 2010

This was a very very nasty room everything was bad I did not like anything about this room.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Az.
Reviewed 29 March 2008

Upon arriving at this Motel the person at the front desk was very nice, and even let us go in the Room and look at it. The Room did have a Water bed, But it could have used a little bit more Water. Also, the Room had somewhat of a "Sour" smell to it. Anyway, It was OK for one night, although I probably would not stay there again. It seemed like everything in the Room was "Loose". The front of the Air Conditioner looked like it was ready to fall off. The Refrigerator was on the Fritz, so the Food that we had put in it the night before had to be thrown out. There was a Microwave in the Room, so that was a plus. The Lavatory Sink handles looked like they were ready to fall off. The Handles for the Bathroom Tub looked like they were ready to fall off as well. Anyway, I guess the Moral of the story is to not expect more than your Money will buy. Thank You.

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank spymaster0012
St. Louis
Reviewed 10 July 2007

I drove 10 hours to attend a funeral. I made a reservation (w/conformation number) the night before. I was told they'ld hold the room for me. If I wasn't there by 6pm to call before 7pm & they would hold the room till I got there. I called at 6:02pm and said I would be there in 40 mins. I was told my reservations had been cancelled and no other reservations could be made. I would have to "see what they had left when I got there"....
Save yourself the trouble of dealing with discourtious, unprofessional & arrogant jerks...
Don't trust these people...Go somewhere else.

Stayed July 2007