“Husbands 40th! Valet lost our keys!”

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 14 June 2014

So we came for my husbands 40th birthday... What a mistake! The staff in the restaurants are to busy socializing to even care about the customers. Booked for 3 nights...went to check out and the valet lost our keys. I have yet to receive an official apology...they act as if they are doing me a favor by comping a room and dinner while I wait for someone to bring me my extra keys 4 hours away. I asked for comp drinks at the bar and I am told they have done all they can do. Are you kidding me? Worst customer service ever.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Swooshie2868
EldoradoReno, Manager at Eldorado Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so very much for your posting your comments on TripAdvisor.
We are sincerely sorry we fell short during your stay and hope that we were able to address your concerns to your satisfaction when your hotel manager spoke with you last week.

Again, we know that the Eldorado is not your only choice and we sincerely thank you for choosing us. We hope that you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My daughters and I just made our annual Mother's Day trip last week. I called and made reservations. Was able to set it all up except a request for a little larger room . Talked to a casino host and she put in our request for the larger room. When we got there, everything was just as we had requested, thanks to the host, and reservation desk. Enjoyed our trip, some of us used the spa,and we ate the buffet and ate at the Vintage.Had a very nice time. Serena McConathy

Room Tip: Make reservations ahead.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Serena M
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

While on a very long road trip and on our way home we passed through the area and my wife decided she needed a gambling fix, so we spent the night here. The food in the restaurant was good, the service was okay and the room was very nice, although we could hear people talking in the room next to us. My wife enjoyed the casino (I went to bed, LOL (it was a long day of driving)). Self-parking is just across the street in a large parking garage and very adequate. We would recommend this place.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bfisher003
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The rooms were nice and clean. Personnel were very nice except for a few rude dealers at the tables in casino. However, I would like to say that I felt like the bathrooms were extremely dangerous for older customers. There are no hand rails for getting in and out of the very deep tab and there were no hand rails in the shower with the addition that the shower floors were extremely slick. My husband had to put a towel in the bottom of the shower in order to keep from falling.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sugardoll
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Went to see if they had any shopping in their lobbies, didn't find much. It seemed to be a clean place

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Arrived at 9:30 p.m. to a room that wasn't cleaned since the previous occupant. There was trash all over the room and the sheets on the bed were pulled down with the pillows on the floor. Manager on duty came and argued with me that noone slept in the room, and that it was ridiculous for me to request fresh linens. The manager had a horrible, unprofessional attitude. She argued that noone slept in the room, but didn't set foot in the room to see for herself. After the housekeeping staff cleaned the room, the difference between a made bed and the one that we encountered were VERY different. I requested a different room, since we had just driven 5 hours and wanted a shower, but she said the only room that was available was a king - smoking. I specifically booked a king non-smoking, since I do not smoke and have no desire to sleep in a room that smells of stagnant/stale cigarette smoke. She informed me that even though I booked a king non-smoking room, the room type is not guaranteed. What?? So even though I booked a specific type of room and paid for it, it's not guaranteed? The manager on duty was AWFUL and it completely ruined the experience of this hotel.

For a 4 diamond hotel, this is completely unacceptable. My husband and I travel A LOT, and I would rate this to a 2-3 star hotel with the level of service.

Other than that, the casino is very dirty. The machines are gross to touch, and look like they havne't been wiped down in years.

We did not try the food, but the drinks in the casino area were good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lora B
EldoradoReno, Manager at Eldorado Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

On behalf of the staff and management at the Eldorado Resort Casino, we would like to sincerely apologize for the disappointment you experienced during your visit with us. This is not the type of memory that we want to leave our guests with and regret that your stay wasn't an entirely pleasant one because of the challenges you had.
Our main goal is to create an atmosphere where all of our guests will receive superior service and the ultimate in entertainment and lodging needs. Unfortunately, we fell short of meeting that goal during your stay and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the manner and style you deserve.
Sincerely
The Staff and Management

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Eldorado Resort Casino. Plenty of free parking is always a plus! Our room was comped and we were given free buffet's for two. Our room was very very nice, the King bed non-smoking was tastefully decorated. I look forward to staying here again. However, we really did not enjoy the buffet. Selection was not as good as the Sam's town buffet next door. We were that disappointed. We did have a good time at the casino but I wish it were 100% non-smoking, it is difficult to play with all the smoke. I don't think it is healthy for anyone to be in that much smoke, it's bad. I was also very disappointed they did not have a swimming pool. I always enjoy spending sometime out in the sun. Over all, we had a fun time and would recommend this hotel to others. I really loved the large room with tall ceilings.

Room Tip: Non Smoking Room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank intime011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport
Boomtown Hotel Casino
Boomtown Hotel Casino
#16 of 35 in Bossier City
Residence Inn Shreveport-Bossier City/Downtown

Been to Eldorado Resort Casino? Share your experiences!