“Small las Vegas in louisiana”

Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 9 September 2012 via mobile

Sam's Town is a good place to spend one night in shreveport.
Staff is friendly, rooms are nice and clean.
Breakfast is good.

Too bad we could use the pool that was close due the arrival of the hurricane Isaac

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Thierry P

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Sams Town has really nice rooms for a really great value. Hotel Staff is always friendly. Rooms are spacious, modern and clean. Beds are comfortable and bathroom is nice with marble floors. Sams Town's new rooms rival any casino hotel in SP. We play at both ST and El Dorado, the best part is that you can easily walk between the two. If you are gonna stay in SP, a safe bet would be this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I always try to stay here when I'm in Shreveport. I'm not much of a gambler, but I love staying here. The staff is attentive and polite. They are always going out of their way to make sure that my stay is pleasant and without any challenges. You cannot beat the value. Lots of good restaurants to choose from. I've even stayed here with minor children and never felt uncomfortable. If I had to say something negative, I would say that the carpeting needs to be changed in the rooms. its getting a little dingy and worn. But when balanced with the huge rooms and bathrooms, I don't even notice the carpet:-)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Sam's Town is full of great people and the atmosphere is great. From food to the casino its a great place and you can be at the boardwalk in a few minutes. Recommend it to everyone

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Visited only two of the casinos in Shreveport during my recent visit....Sam's Town and El Dorado. Between the two, El Dorado is the winner hands down. These casinos are on permanently docked river boat structures. The El Dorado, you can't really tell it. At Sam's Town, you definitely can. We entered the casino floor and immediately felt like we were in a metal building casino alongside the interstate....very cramped space with low ceilings (relatively speaking). All three "decks" felt this way. We didn't even play....just turned around and walked back next door. The lobby area was very nice and the staff was friendly. I suspect the hotel is nice as well, but I wouldn't spend a minute in the depressing casino.

1  Thank deskclerk102
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed at Sam's Town on Aug. 22, 2012, & really did enjoy our stay. I will start out by saying we stayed in a suite this time & it was comped. We are usually in a regular hotel room which are very nice - updated & spacious. This suite (#800) was spacious, but not exactly what we expected. I think it was because of the placement of this particular room. The TV (a large flat screen) was on the SIDE of the bed, not at the foot, which I found a little inconvenient to watch. I know, we are at a casino so why are we watching TV, but I just like to watch when I go to bed. That being said, the room was fine. The bathroom had a lot of room and a door to the potty room, which I also like. There was also a separate vanity area with electrical outlets - a nice feature.

As far as the casino is concerned - I don't like having to go from floor to floor & especially having to wait for the elevator to do that - BUT I do like the slot machines they have AND they are much looser than others, especially compared to the Horseshoe.

The buffet was quite good - nice variety. We didn't eat at other restaurants so can't comment.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I valeted, but forgot my iPhone in my vehicle. I realized it when I got up to my room (less then 10 min later), but when I went back down and told them, they brought my truck around and my phone was gone.
Security was NO help! I saw the girl who parked my truck leave the valet office with her purse, but they said they could not do anything.
I haven't been back since, and don't plan on ever going back.

2  Thank JanMichael7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
#10 of 38 in Shreveport
Homewood Suites Shreveport
Homewood Suites Shreveport
#5 of 38 in Shreveport

Been to Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport

Address: 315 Clyde Fant Pkwy, Shreveport, LA 71101-3204 (Formerly Harrah's Shreveport Casino and Hotel)
Region: United States > Louisiana > Shreveport
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#7 Business Hotel in Shreveport
#9 Romantic Hotel in Shreveport
Price Range: £51 - £160 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport 3.5*
Sam's Town Shreveport is located on the historic Red River in downtown Shreveport, just blocks away from museums, botanical gardens, an I-Max Theater and many other local attractions. Guests can enjoy all their favorite casino games at Sam's Town on an authentic dockside riverboat, a 19th-century paddlewheel featuring approximately 1,200 slots, gaming machines and table games. The sleek 23-story hotel tower includes more than 500 luxurious guest rooms and suites featuring pillow-top mattresses, feather pillows, marbled floors, granite countertops and oversized tubs. The top floor houses multi-room suites, ranging in size from 1,000 to 1,500 square feet. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sams Town Shreveport