“A nice place for a getaway”

Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 22 October 2012

The buffett was nice. William B's Steakhouse was very nice. If you want a place with quiet surrounds that is a nice place for a wonderful dinning experience with your partner. The hotel rooms were nice. We seem to have had an aircondition issue, but that often happens in large older hotels. The Casino was nice. I am saying it was nice because I got to play for a long while on $50.00. The slots are my choice of fun and this was a nice place to have fun. My husband plays card and he left happy. I'd say this is a place I would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Georgette S
There are newer reviews for Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport

Reviewed 19 October 2012

This was our 4th stop on a two week trip, the staff welcomed us in and our room was great. The beds were comfoortable. If there was one drawback it was the lack of free wi-fi, also there was a charge to use the hotel computer. Other that that is was fun to stay there.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank t5603
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stayed there alone one night just to have a getaway night. The room was beautiful, the beds comfortable & a beautiful view. They have the best slots in Shreveport/Bossier & being alone I had no safety concerns. I am ready to go again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Glenda O
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Unquestionably our favorite fun and vacation place. First and foremost for me is the wonderful and various array of new slot machines. Next on our list is Sam's courteous, knowledgeable and helpful staff. I could go on but it is enough to say that we are so pleased with Sam's leaving no need to go anywhere else! Our host Ms. Z. Alexander is fantastic - she even stops by the tables to wish you luck - great customer service. Thanks!

Room Tip: Lake view is nice
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed 6 October 2012

We were driving between Nashville and Houston, and needed a room for the night. The room was large, clean and comfortable. No mini-fridge however. Valet parking is complementary. No free WIFI which is a bit backward.
The casino was fun for those who wanted to go, but not the main purpose of the stay. Restaurants are very ordinary.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2012

When we arrived at Sam's Town the valet was tips only. Allowing the patron to tip as I go in and out. Self Parking was conveniently across the street.
My expectations were surpassed when we got to the room. We stayed on the 16th floor with a river view. It was amazing ( there is some construction going on across the river) but you could also see Board Walk shopping area.
Our rooms was so spacious and I loved the spotlights about the bed. A great luxury feel. The bathroom was average but provided enough room and space for use to be in there together and move around. Oh, and there is a garden tub.
The food places in there are a little expensive. I didn't enjoy the buffet as much, and they only offer the seafood deal on weekends ( but that is most hotels)

The Spa personnel was great and the body scrub was awesome. The Spa quarters were slightly above average.

Casino just down stairs as well!

All and all I loved this hotel and would recommended it! I hope you find this review helpful.

Room Tip: River View on a high floor 16th or better.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed here for a night for my wife's birthday, and we enjoyed the room, the hotel staff, and the food options. While I feel like we paid too much, that didn't take away from the quality of the hotel. We don't gamble, so we can't speak on the casino other than that it lacked tables offering small minimum bets. We would have been more prone to play a few hands if there were blackjack tables requiring less than a $10 minimum bet, but again, we didn't go there for the casino so it was no big deal. We did enjoy the restaurants - perhaps too much (reminded me of a good cruise buffet) - and the hotel staff was very accommodating and helpful. It was overpriced at $140 (for a casino and a town like Shreveport), but on the weekend we were there that was the going rate, so that's what we paid. I'd recommend staying there and would possibly stay there again, but I'd try to pick a weekend when rooms are cheaper.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ArkansasExPat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
#10 of 37 in Shreveport
Sleep Inn & Suites I-20
Sleep Inn & Suites I-20
#7 of 37 in Shreveport

Been to Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport? Share your experiences!