“Beautiful Rooms, Great Service & Sweet Price”

Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to enter the rooms in this hotel. I figured it was a family sort of hotel (Akin to Circus Circus) but the rooms are elegant and well thought out. In fact one of the nicest rooms I've ever been in. The booking was easy, the check in and out was smooth and the only thing the room lacked was great coffee and high speed internet (It was present but NOT high speed). The on-site restaurant was really good with excellent service; again, only lacked great coffee. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is the casino is small and dated. The slots aren't even moderate givers and the minimum bets were pretty high. Not a lot of fun.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river were very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ereves

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Room was large, clean, quiet,
and a good value. The carpet was a bit worn, but ok. The real problem was service: extremely slow valet parking and room service that would not answer the phone. Management was apologetic and gave me a comp for a free breakfast, for which I am grateful, but that does not solve the issue. I stayed there a couple of months ago and had the exact same problems. Perhaps these two departments are understaffed, or if not, then merely inattentive. This should be corrected.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We decided to sneak away to celebrate my birthday. We'd never been to Shreveport but had heard great things about Sam's Town. I did not expect this would become my new favorite hang-out! The drive was about 5 hours and we got there around 1:00 in the afternoon. Expected to have to wait for a room BUT, Jody at the front desk found us a room and we were able to unload immediately. And the good things just kept coming. The casino was where we went first and had a great time. Won enough to pay for the whole trip! So of course I had to go to the spa. The spa was really nice. Great line of treatments. Other spa amenities available for 24 hours. Very comfortable and relaxing. We had a regular King room and it was perfect. The room was large, the bathroom large and the bed was just as good as mine at home, and I have a very nice bed. food - Willie B's Steak Restaurant was over the top. Hubby had a huge T-bone and I had the red snapper. Delicious meal and the service was great. The food court had everything to offer that we love - comfort food. We pretty much stayed in the hotel for 3 days. No reason to leave. But my favorite part was how nice and friendly everyone was. Everyone working at this hotel and casino - friendly as could be. Made for a very enjoyable weekend. I can't wait to go back. My husband is a hard-sell when it comes to this but on our drive home he told me his views and all were great! He's the gambler and there was something for him to do the whole time. Saturday night was a little crowded at some of the tables, but he was always able to find something. I recommend this place to anyone wanting this type of vacation.

Room Tip: We were very happy with the regular king. Large room with sitting area, bathroom large, toilet sepa...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carey D
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

The room looked nice, but the bed was a bit too firm, and the bathroom, while very spatious, was just average.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The room is spacious with a beautiful view on Shreveport with a big bathroom, flat screen TV, fridge, safe, aso. The weakness is the restaurants inside the hotel with poor quality food or expensive. The casino is nothing exceptional either.
But it is still a sure value for the price (Deluxe room for 70 $).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are not big gamblers, but enjoy playing the slots a little. We've only been to Vegas for the NFR. We decided to sneak away for a couple of days last June and asked our daughter to find us a room at one of the Sheveport/Bossier City hotels online. We ended up at Sam's Town and we are so glad. The rooms were spacious and nice with a wonderful bathroom. The valet, bell staff, and front desk staff were friendly and efficient. The buffet, restaurant and deli were good. The casino was also fun - and generous! It's nice being able to step outside onto the deck and enjoy the river. We joined their players club and before we knew it, the comp emails came with extremely generous offers to stay, dine and play. We've already taken advantage of one offer in September and can't wait to schedule another get-away!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The place is rundown and the quality of the air in the Casino is almost unbreathable. The place is dirty and seem to me to be just a bit darkly lit. It seems crowded and poorly laid out. Now the buffet is another story. My wife likes to go there for the seafood nights when they have the king crabs on the menu. She says they are something special, and I must agree.

1  Thank Johnnie W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
#11 of 38 in Shreveport
Homewood Suites Shreveport
Homewood Suites Shreveport
#5 of 38 in Shreveport

Been to Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport? Share your experiences!