Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
Hilton.com
  • Pool
US$161
US$157
Eldorado Resort Casino(Shreveport)(Great Value!)
US$115
  • Pool
US$89
Travelocity
US$164
All reviewsseparate vanitygreat view of the riverred riveracross the riverslot machinesgreat roomvalet parkingroom was largenon smokingbed was very comfortablecasinojoesgamblingdeliwilliamsteakhouseelevator
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The buffet has a great variety of food and it's very good, always!!! Additionally, the casino is also lots of fun and has a great atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was our first time to stay at this hotel. Our room was large, clean and smoke free! Beds were very comfortable and the bathroom a great size. We love the buffet. We have eaten at the buffet on different occasions and have always enjoyed it. We also enjoyed the pool. It is on 3rd level. They serve cold beverages and food at the pool. There is also a nice hot tub. If you enjoy the spa, they have a spa and looks like a nice size work out room. The only complaint of the pool experience, is the music. I prefer quiet or no music over loud rock. Wish it were spa music outside. I have not had good luck at the slots at Samstown but seem to do better at the slots in the Eldorado. Parking was not a problem, staff were kind at front desk, as well as housekeeping. We really enjoyed our stay and plan to be back. Thank you for a nice couple of days! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, seemed to be a bit larger.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank intime011
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Sam's was fairly clean and the room was comfortable. There were some quirks about the room such as no available plugs bedside and the bad tile work in the bathroom, but overall, it was decent. The service was mediocre; a few hotel staff members seemed troubled when I needed something. I was there for business, and the choices of restaurants in the hotel and nearby aren't great. Other than the buffet, the only other option for dinner was BBQ. The nicer steak restaurant isn't open on Mondays, which is why I say that it is a better spot for recreation. I haven't stayed in other Shreveport hotels, so I can't compare to those. To me, it was an average stay at an average hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better. Trains interrupted my colleague's sleep, and they were on a lower floor. I was on nine, and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank momma_andrea
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Why pay Hampton Inn $90 a night when you can stay here for $70 during the week. I really like the room and it is very close to places that you can walk to for entertainment. My luck was average at the gaming tables and I won over $150 before I gave it to the slot machines. The buffet was not well tended when I was there last but it has been good in the past.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ibcleve
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was a very beautiful hotel at a great rate but the shower in that great beautiful bathroom ruined the experience. I was pleased with the room and the casino but I felt more attention to the bathtub was needed. It appeared to have not been cleaned as thoroughly as the other parts of the room. The bartenders were top notch. The navigation throughout the hotel was a bit confusing but everything was really scenic. I definitely would visit again if the shower heads are replaced.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple