“Weekend Stay”

Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Longview, Texas
“Weekend Stay”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My girlfriends and I decided to take a weekend getaway just to have fun. We chose Sam's Town because it is so convenient to all of the night life excitement we were looking for! The hotel room was beautiful. For 5 women, the bathroom was perfect! Mirrors everywhere. The only issue we encountered was the shower head not working properly and a couple of the lamps not working due to no bulbs. Our service was excellent from the moment we walked in the door. The staff is very accommodating and helpful. We would definitely stay again!

1 Thank Kelsey c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Pointblank, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2014

All the staff that I interacted with was wonderful. Very friendly and took care of anything you needed quickly. Yes, the casino was not the best, but we did play the slots and had fun. It did fell like we were in a basement as we play the cheap machines and they are located in the lower level. I am not a big gambler, so this is not the main attraction for me.

The spa was really nice, that is where I like to spend my money. The woman in the nail room was super nice and very good at her job. I got the specialty manicure and pedicure. I thought the prices were really good compared to other spas. With a players card we booked a spa suite which included $50 to spend in the spa and $20 in the restaurants. Do read the fine print, room service doesn't count.

The rooms were very nice with large bathrooms. Bedding was updated and the room itself very clean. I do think they could have took a little Tilex to the shower walls, but do understand in the South it is so humid, you always get a little mildew and really quickly.

All in all, I really enjoyed myself and would return and be happy to recommend it to others.

1 Thank Sylvia C
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is a nice, nice Casino and Hotel! We stayed here in the middle of the week...and got an amazing rate on a fantastic room! This whole place is nice...lots to explore and check out! The staff is great...and the renovated rooms are very sleek and modern. Check it out...you'll love it! Oh...and get a room high up...overlooking the river...really nice!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Casino is really bad compared to the new Margaritaville and the remodeled Horseshoe or Eldorado. I am so shocked that the Casino is still so small and smoky and people still want to go here. The slots let you play a little as long as you keep your bet at the minimum; but the minute you raise your bet the machines shut down. I guess they only want the penny players here. I like to play the penny slots, but at the $1.50 to $3.00 per spin and that’s the amount they shut down and you get no play for your money. They really need to upgrade their Casino drastically and add escalators and a larger gaming area where you don’t get knocked in the head every time you move; and, you forget about getting a drink, they seem to hang around the table game people on the middle floor only. I use to love going to Sams Town, but they have pretty much lost my business to Margaritaville and Horseshoe due to their Casino is so little, smoky, tight slots and little to no drink service at Sams Town. The rooms were remodeled a few years back and they are very nice with large windows with a great view; but they aren’t cleaned very well and if you stay on one of the end rooms by the street all’s you hear is horns honking and traffic all hours of the night. I had used the valet and I know if you’re an Emerald Card holder you get faster service and they give you one of the green valet tickets. I used to be an Emerald Member, but found the services are not worth the extra hard play to stay at that level and find the Diamond Level at Horseshoe “Caesars Prosperities” were worth more and actually get you better comps. Anyway, I gave them my valet ticket and stood there over 20 minutes waiting on my car and notice that a person that had a white regular ticket the same as I did got there after us, yet they got their car 10 minutes before we did. When that person came down and gave his ticket the person seemed to know him very well and I am sure he got preference over us because the valet knew him. I haven’t stayed here in a long time and wanted to see if they had upgraded their Casino and loosened their slots a little with all the new competition now, but no, it was just as bad as it was the last time I was there and the Casino clientele to me has even gone downhill in my opinion. Smokey Joe’s used to have pretty good service, but the servers are too busy standing around talking to each other or hanging around tables where they know the person talking all night to get good service here; and, I don’t even really go into how slow and how bad the service is at the little deli…it was really horrible. I ordered room service that morning and it took over an hour to get my food, the person said if I had placed the order with the door hanger I would have gotten it in better time; I told them I didn't have one of those door hangers. I felt the person was very rude. I won't do that again.

Room Tip: Don't use Valet, way too slow. Best play at a Casino where they like the higher slots dollar pe...
1 Thank CPetro1
Sarah S, Manager at Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you so much for your candid feedback regarding your most recent stay. this information is extremely important because it allows to react swiftly to any breakdows that have occured at our property. As you mentioned we have and for purposes of our Penny Lane promotion, we have recently added a number of exciting penny slots for our customers enjoyment. Also we absolutely have services that are catered to our Emerald players, based on our tier levels.

We would hope that you give us another chance so we can provide the level of service that I know we are capable of providing.
LA
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night passing through to Dallas. We were very pleased with the rooms. They are quite large and very modern. Bathroom was very spacious and well layed out. Beds were very comfortable. Only complaint would be their ac must be on a motion sensor as we woke up hot a couple times. Have noticed several hotels using this system. Other than that it was a great stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tammy S
Conifer, Colorado
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by our stay at Sam's Town Shreveport. We have stayed at the Vegas one many times and weren't sure what to expect. When we arrived, they informed us that we would be in a smoking room even though we reserved a non-smoking king. We told them that wouldn't work for us. The manager upgraded us into a very nicely appointed premiere king room. We had a lovely view of the Red River and the Shreveport landscape. We appreciate the manager handling the situation so professionally. Nice people ~ bell captains were delightful and so wasn't the front desk girl. We slept great which is exactly what we needed after driving for 13 hours. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room on higher floors ~ we were on the 18th ~ quiet and just a nice experience.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pete W
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed 21 June 2014

booked a room sort of last minute and got a really good deal. when we checked in they were out of non-smoking king bed rooms so they ended up putting us in a king suite for the same deal! room was what I would have expected from a suite, a huge, clean, top notch room in very clean and tidy condition. had diner at smokey joes restaurant and was not disappointed. really the only knock I had was that the casino is sort of small with not a lot to choose from as far as slot machines go. but they managed to wrangle a few bucks out of me. overall this was a really good stay for a really good price!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
Residence Inn Shreveport-Bossier City/Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
#10 of 37 in Shreveport

Been to Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport? Share your experiences!