“Hotel checking”

Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I booked my reservation on line but after traveling over 340 miles the desk clerk said she could not find my reservation. But they did have a room at a much higher price. The room did not have a working shower and had to wait until a repair man could replace it. When I got back home I checked my credit card just to discover that I was charged twice. When I called the hotel they said they had refunded the smaller price. I will never stay at this smokey hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Margaret F
Sarah S, Manager at Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I would like to thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your most recent visit. We value this information because it helps us to better serve you and assists us in making your overall visit to our property an enjoyable and memorable experience.

Please know that we are constantly updating all facets of our services and products to meet our customers’ high expectations. Your candid feedback has already been passed on to our Hotel Management so these issues can be addressed.

There are newer reviews for Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We have stayed at Samstown 2 or 3 times now. It is a comfortable roomy place to stay. It has a frig, large enough tub to stretch out in and wonderful water pressure! You will enjoy that shower! It has a comfortable chair with automan to sit in if you are reading the morning paper. We request near an elevator as it's hard on my arthritic knees to do the hallways. They are good about it. The elevator requires your room card to go up to the floors which is good security. Not foolproof tho as if any other guest gets in and inserts their card, it will go to any floor other than theirs. Nice to have tho. My only complaint is the mattress felt hard this time and seems like it needs replaced. I had a hard time sleeping on it. The large bathroom is very accomodating with the tub/shower, separate potty area and a makeup mirror and seat. When I went to find housekeeping for de-caf coffee, she was very friendly and asked if I needed anything else. Good job. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Got a room and $30.00 food credit at smokey joes for $95.00. The room was nice. Smokey joes was ok, cost us $4.00 for a meals for two. The casino is small and on three floors. The cocktails came by plenty while you were playing games. The casino seemed to have a lot of locals playing and was extremely smokey.

It is right next door to El Dorado. We went over there and played when the smoke got to us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My girlfriends and I decided to take a weekend getaway just to have fun. We chose Sam's Town because it is so convenient to all of the night life excitement we were looking for! The hotel room was beautiful. For 5 women, the bathroom was perfect! Mirrors everywhere. The only issue we encountered was the shower head not working properly and a couple of the lamps not working due to no bulbs. Our service was excellent from the moment we walked in the door. The staff is very accommodating and helpful. We would definitely stay again!

1  Thank Kelsey c
Reviewed 27 June 2014

All the staff that I interacted with was wonderful. Very friendly and took care of anything you needed quickly. Yes, the casino was not the best, but we did play the slots and had fun. It did fell like we were in a basement as we play the cheap machines and they are located in the lower level. I am not a big gambler, so this is not the main attraction for me.

The spa was really nice, that is where I like to spend my money. The woman in the nail room was super nice and very good at her job. I got the specialty manicure and pedicure. I thought the prices were really good compared to other spas. With a players card we booked a spa suite which included $50 to spend in the spa and $20 in the restaurants. Do read the fine print, room service doesn't count.

The rooms were very nice with large bathrooms. Bedding was updated and the room itself very clean. I do think they could have took a little Tilex to the shower walls, but do understand in the South it is so humid, you always get a little mildew and really quickly.

All in all, I really enjoyed myself and would return and be happy to recommend it to others.

1  Thank Sylvia C
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is a nice, nice Casino and Hotel! We stayed here in the middle of the week...and got an amazing rate on a fantastic room! This whole place is nice...lots to explore and check out! The staff is great...and the renovated rooms are very sleek and modern. Check it out...you'll love it! Oh...and get a room high up...overlooking the river...really nice!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Casino is really bad compared to the new Margaritaville and the remodeled Horseshoe or Eldorado. I am so shocked that the Casino is still so small and smoky and people still want to go here. The slots let you play a little as long as you keep your bet at the minimum; but the minute you raise your bet the machines shut down. I guess they only want the penny players here. I like to play the penny slots, but at the $1.50 to $3.00 per spin and that’s the amount they shut down and you get no play for your money. They really need to upgrade their Casino drastically and add escalators and a larger gaming area where you don’t get knocked in the head every time you move; and, you forget about getting a drink, they seem to hang around the table game people on the middle floor only. I use to love going to Sams Town, but they have pretty much lost my business to Margaritaville and Horseshoe due to their Casino is so little, smoky, tight slots and little to no drink service at Sams Town. The rooms were remodeled a few years back and they are very nice with large windows with a great view; but they aren’t cleaned very well and if you stay on one of the end rooms by the street all’s you hear is horns honking and traffic all hours of the night. I had used the valet and I know if you’re an Emerald Card holder you get faster service and they give you one of the green valet tickets. I used to be an Emerald Member, but found the services are not worth the extra hard play to stay at that level and find the Diamond Level at Horseshoe “Caesars Prosperities” were worth more and actually get you better comps. Anyway, I gave them my valet ticket and stood there over 20 minutes waiting on my car and notice that a person that had a white regular ticket the same as I did got there after us, yet they got their car 10 minutes before we did. When that person came down and gave his ticket the person seemed to know him very well and I am sure he got preference over us because the valet knew him. I haven’t stayed here in a long time and wanted to see if they had upgraded their Casino and loosened their slots a little with all the new competition now, but no, it was just as bad as it was the last time I was there and the Casino clientele to me has even gone downhill in my opinion. Smokey Joe’s used to have pretty good service, but the servers are too busy standing around talking to each other or hanging around tables where they know the person talking all night to get good service here; and, I don’t even really go into how slow and how bad the service is at the little deli…it was really horrible. I ordered room service that morning and it took over an hour to get my food, the person said if I had placed the order with the door hanger I would have gotten it in better time; I told them I didn't have one of those door hangers. I felt the person was very rude. I won't do that again.

Room Tip: Don't use Valet, way too slow. Best play at a Casino where they like the higher slots dollar pe...
1  Thank CPetro1
Sarah S, Manager at Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you so much for your candid feedback regarding your most recent stay. this information is extremely important because it allows to react swiftly to any breakdows that have occured at our property. As you mentioned we have and for purposes of our Penny Lane promotion, we have recently added a number of exciting penny slots for our customers enjoyment. Also we absolutely have services that are catered to our Emerald players, based on our tier levels.

We would hope that you give us another chance so we can provide the level of service that I know we are capable of providing.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
#10 of 37 in Shreveport
Sleep Inn & Suites I-20
Sleep Inn & Suites I-20
#7 of 37 in Shreveport

Been to Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport? Share your experiences!