Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Harker Heights, TX
Reviewed 24 February 2005

My wife and I took our first trip to Sam's since it became Sam's last week. I have played and stayed at Sam's in LV, and we are Diamond members at Harrah's, which translated to "Elite" status at Sam's. We found things pretty much the same as before (which is good.) After throwing away $200 at IOC and the Downs, our luck turned good when we hit Sam's. We ended up about $400 ahead, playing nickels and a few quarters. I found a nickel machine that wouldn't quit paying. I hit a $200+ jackpot and several $100+ on the same machine. Usually, I'm a "money pit." One downside is the service at the Smokey Joe's restaurant. We didn't have good service at Pepper Rose, and the bad service continues with the new name. Showed our Elite card, got a crappy table right at front. Then waited, waited and waited some more for someone to acknowledge us. When "server" finally came, no apology for the delay. We ordered drinks and food (since who knows when we'd see him again.) Turns out we were right. We waited another 5-10 minutes and no nothing, drinks included. We got up and told the hostess she could eat our meals, as we were leaving. Walked to buffet and was eating within two minutes. We can't wait to go back to Sam's, but I'll eat a bologna sandwich from home before darkening the door of Smokey Joe's

21  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

hallsville texas
Reviewed 19 December 2004

my wife and myself go to sams town 5 or 6 times a year...we have stayed at all the casinos..and keep coming back to sams town..all casinos are made of brick and morter..its the people tha keep us comming back..i am a diamond card player at harrahs and it turned over to an elite player at sams town..we always have a great time when there..the steak house is great...the spa is 5 star and my casino host is the greatest.....she makes sure every thing is in place for us...ron wayne..hallsville texas

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mineola, Texas
Reviewed 3 November 2004

There were 3 couples that went to Sam's Town in Shreveport, Louisiana on the 26th of October. The smoke was so bad there my husband came down with a cough that has lasted all week. He played on the 1st floor, because he played the tables.
The food was like it had been cooked the day before. I had Mexican food and most of it was dried up. The chips were tough. Think my husband and my bill for the lunch was a little over $23.00 for food that was not really that good.
The best thing I had was the baked chicken, and the peach ice cream with the big
almong, coconut cookie. (Which I could have taken a dozen home with me.)
The people that work there were very nice and helpful. (THIS IS THE FIRST TIME FOR ALL 3 COUPLES TO GO TO SAM'S TOWN IN SHREVEPORT, LOUISIANA. ONE COUPLE THAT WE TOOK THERE LOVE THE SAM'S TOWN IN LAS VEGAS BUT WE WILL NOT COME BACK TO YOUR PLACE IN SHREVEPORT UNLESS YOU CAN CLEAR THE AIR OF ALL THE SMOKE.
JUST FELT LIKE I NEEDED TO WRITE AND LET YOU KNOW HOW WE ALL FELT.
Thanks, I feel a lot better.
Shirley Meeks

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 August 2004

I was a diamond member with Harrahs but since Sams Town has taken over all advertisements in the mail or on the website don't list a phone number. How do they expect to get reservations? I call 1411 get the #, and the phone just rings and rings no answer...The last 2 trips we have gone to Horseshoe because of this.

10  Thank jaymelynnne
Reviewed 20 July 2004

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 May 2004

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
dallas tx
Reviewed 3 May 2004

During my visit to Harrah's with my fiance, we did a little kissing and hugging [G rated] in the casino and were told to stop or we'd be escorted out!!!??? LA needs to bring itself out of the dark ages before I will EVER go back to Harrah's. And I don't need to tell you how many people I've told about this experience who will never go back either. They don't want your money and they treat you like it.

14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Horseshoe Bossier City
#10 of 38 in Shreveport
Homewood Suites Shreveport
Homewood Suites Shreveport
#6 of 38 in Shreveport

Been to Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport

Address: 315 Clyde Fant Pkwy, Shreveport, LA 71101-3204 (Formerly Harrah's Shreveport Casino and Hotel)
Region: United States > Louisiana > Shreveport
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#7 Business Hotel in Shreveport
#9 Romantic Hotel in Shreveport
Price Range: £50 - £150 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport 3.5*
Sam's Town Shreveport is located on the historic Red River in downtown Shreveport, just blocks away from museums, botanical gardens, an I-Max Theater and many other local attractions. Guests can enjoy all their favorite casino games at Sam's Town on an authentic dockside riverboat, a 19th-century paddlewheel featuring approximately 1,200 slots, gaming machines and table games. The sleek 23-story hotel tower includes more than 500 luxurious guest rooms and suites featuring pillow-top mattresses, feather pillows, marbled floors, granite countertops and oversized tubs. The top floor houses multi-room suites, ranging in size from 1,000 to 1,500 square feet. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sams Town Shreveport