“Great hotel with HUGE rooms and bathrooms!”

Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 3 January 2006

Just getting around to writing a review of this great property after a HORRIBLE experience at another place in Shreveport. We stayed here for one night in October 2004 during a motorcycle trip from Southeast Louisiana, through Shreveport, Waco, San Antonio and Houston. We had stayed at casino/hotels in Vegas and hoped for something as nice. We were not disappointed! The room was HUGE, the bathroom was enormous and we had a view of the river. The bathroom has separate toilet, sink, vanity and bath areas so that no one is in anyone's way when getting ready in the morning. The bellman was wonderful and held our gear on a cart while we retrieved our bikes from the garage (they have a covered garage with a designated motorcycle parking area). We ran into traffic last weekend on the way to Dallas and hoped to stay here again but they were booked due to the Independence Bowl being the following day. Would DEFINITELY stay here again if given the chance!

• Stayed: October 2004
5  Thank berkshirebt

Reviewed 22 November 2005

My mother stays at Sam's Town just about every other month and loves it.

I decided to stay here one night and had a wonderful experience. Nice large room and HUGE bathroom.

I will certainly go back!

• Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank MIkeyG1965
Reviewed 26 October 2005

My husband and I have just returned home from a weekend at Sams Town & Casino - Shreveport. Everything was EXCELLENT. The room was spotless & the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Our room was very large and we had a beautiful view at night. We had delicious food at Joe's and also at the buffet. We thought the employees (no matter what area) were the friendliest we have ever had & they really went out of the way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. I called downstairs to ask for more of the coffee packets & they were at our door in less than 10 minutes. We cannot think of anything negative to report. The whole trip was perfect - weather was great. THANK YOU SAMS TOWN for a great little mini vacation. You all get an A++++++++++++++++.

• Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank Vicki712
A TripAdvisor Member
Jackson, MS
Reviewed 26 October 2005

I spent one night at Sam's Town and could not have been more impressed with the hotel, steakhouse and service. Everything was perfect!!!

Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 October 2005

Just returned from a stay at Sams Town. I stayed here as there were not many options of hotels in shreveport as I am assuming many hurricane evacuees are in Shreveport. I was very impressed with this hotel. The room was very big, huge bathroom too! There is the casino downstairs which since I am a young female that was traveling alone for buisness did not take part in :( I ate at the international buffett for dinner and the food was pretty good (I am not a picky eater though). I ate at Smokey Joes for breakfeast in the morning and that was great! Huge portions too :) The service at Sams Town was excellent!! Everyone is VERY friendly, that southern hospitaility :) The one compaint is they charge you $8.00 to use the fitness center and it is nothing fancy by any means..think they should let guests use for free. It is connected to the spa though and I assume that is why there is a charge, if you are going to charge that much I think you should upgrade the equpiment!!

Overall this was a very nice place to stay and I would stay again if I return to Shreveport!!!

Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 September 2005

Our electricity had been out for 3 days after Rita, so my husband and I decided to spend the night in a casino in Shreveport (1 hour away). The only room left was at Sam's Town. We loved every minute of our stay. The room was large - even had a vanity in the bathroom. A separate toilet area, also. Our remote didn't work, and maintenence brought one up right away. Ate at Smokey Joe's and it was very good. Gambled a bit and was very glad to get into some air conditioning! For an 'emergency' stay, it was quite luxurious! Would definately go again.

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank 456Cheryl
Reviewed 2 June 2005

I reserved a suite with Sam's Town three months in advance. I called the day I was to arrive to reconfirm my suite reservations and the lady said I had the magnolia Suite. We arrived around 5:00 PM and they have no suite for us. I talked to the Supervisor but, she said over and over again I'm sorry but, you have no suite reserved. They wouldn't even listen to me. They gave us a regular room which I decided to just accept it but, then went to take a bath and could not believe how absolutely dirty the bathtub was. It had hair , conditioner spilled in it and dirty rings. I wasn't about to bathe in such a mess and decided to shower instead. The tub filled up with water while I was showering and didn't drain until the next day it was so clogged. I couldn't win a plug nickel in their casino in the two days I was there and twice had them give me incorrect change when cashing out. I cannot recommend such a place with absolute poor service . I will never return to Sam's Town. I wonder if the Sam's Town in Vegas is this bad.

• Stayed: May 2005
16  Thank travelpjean
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
#11 of 38 in Shreveport
Homewood Suites Shreveport
Homewood Suites Shreveport
#4 of 38 in Shreveport

Been to Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport? Share your experiences!