“Overall a decent place to stay”

Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel due to my 3 year old having therapy at Shriner's. It was overall a decent place to stay. It rained almost the entire time we were there so the indoor pool was nice for killing time. My one complaint is that there are no kid channels on tv. It is odd to me that this hotel is across the street from a children's hospital, yet there are no kid friendly channels. We had a lot of time to kill and that would have helped! Breakfast was ok not great. However, the staff was friendly and the location was convenient. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center

Reviewed 6 July 2012

This is a new hotel, nice place. If you are a light sleeper ask to stay on the oppside side of the interstate. They have a train also but it's not that loud. Overall this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 20 May 2012

This is a fantastic place to stay,this is truly a five star hotel the rooms are beautiful, large and very comfortable,The staff is very friendly and helpful and breakfast was grate, keep up the grate service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank MARRY S
Ven S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear Ms Mary

Thank you for your time for sending the review about your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center, Shreveport, LA. It was a pleasure hosting your stay with us and I am glad to know you enjoyed our fine hospitality. If there was anything we could have done more to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We sure appreciate your business and look forward seeing you again!!!

Reviewed 19 May 2012

This Sleep Inn I stayed last weekend was really nice and quiet.The sweet lady checked me in and offered a bottle of water, i thought that was really thoughtful on the management part to offer this. being from the north i definately loved the southern hospitality. my room was clean and nice, wireless was little up and down may be due to the lightining, beds were really comfy!! had a good sleep since i had a long day ahead. thumbs up for the service and stay.Just to mention I stayed recently at another hotel where I almost paid double the price of this place for a lowsy service at the atlanta airport.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Mitch K
Ven S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Thank you for your time for sending the review about your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center. It was a pleasure hosting your stay with us and I am glad to know you enjoyed our fine hospitality. If there was anything we could have done more to make your stay more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We sure appreciate your business and look forward seeing you again!!!

Reviewed 18 May 2012

We had a nice and comfortable stay at this place as we had to go down for our son's appoitment at the Shriners. rooms were clean, wonderful and property looks new, towels were smelling fresh, and our pillows were really nice. we had a little tough time to get here due to the kings exit blocked off due to earlier accident. all the staff were great and friendly specially at check in as we were tired after the drive. we loved the breakfast and the waffles but just wish they could open a little earlier as we had an appointment. we have to come back next month and we would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Terry R

Dear Mr Terry

Reviewed 2 May 2012

We loved our stay at the Sleep Inn by the medical center. Great staff and the service was awesome!! Probably one of our best stays we had with Choice hotels so far as we try to stay with them caz we love our points.Staff at the front desk was very cheerful and helped us with local restaurants. Beds were so comfortable we did not want to wake up and the room was just perfect..Breakfast was lovely and we were overall thrilled with our stay here. One suggestion is the turning on kings hwy is not very lit up and may be you can speak to someone. wish the trains would stop during the nights..

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Suzanne P
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel because the company paid for it when I was relocating to Shreveport. I've had terrible experiences with Choice hotels in the past, and I was less than excited to find myself having to suck it up and stay at another one. The hotel ended up being everything I thought it would be. The area, while pretty close to alot, seemed a little sketchy, the hotel staff was very friendly and greeted me every-time they saw me, on my two day stay. The breakfast was pastries, build your own waffles, boiled eggs, and cereal;which isn't what I'd call great by any stretch of the imagination.

The room was pretty spacious, but it wasn't really a suite. It did come with fridge, microwave, and shower soap. The bed was hard. Hard. Hard. The pillows were hard. Hard. Hard. I'd just stayed at a Hampton Inn and Suites the night before coming here, and I spent every moment I was at this hotel wishing my company had given me the option to choose where I wanted to stay. If you can avoid choice hotels, they are rarely cheaper than other economy hotels, but the cheap branding often obscures this fact.

Oh yeah.. the train sounds like Thunder. terrible.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo