“Heaven”

Sleep Inn & Suites Medical Center
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I want the staff to know at the Sleep Inn in Shreveport that I enjoyed it. That was the first time I walk in a hotel an they welcome me in coming in the door. The front desk employee was every nice. The breakfast area was very clean the food was fresh and plenty. The sitting area was nice and spacious. My room was very clean had no problem, so we enjoyed I'll stay. I would recommmend this hotel to all my associates and friend that are traveling in the Shreveport area.
Thank you Sleep Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 March 2013

How do I count the ways?
1) I arrived on Sunday, first day of DST, clock had not been changed.
2) When there was someone working at the front desk they were Ignorant and unwelcoming.
3) In my room, and my colleague's room, one of the toilet paper holders was empty. My colleague found two rolls somewhere and we maintained our room ourselves.
4) Last night of my stay, at 3am, there was very loud banging and yelling. Police came. Have no idea what happened or how the situation resolved itself.
5)The breakfast was very inadequate. Simple things like coffee and pepper were not available. The breakfast attendant was outwardly hostile. As soon as the breakfast hour ended the chairs were put on top of the tables and the room was not usable. Lots of people could have sat and read the paper or used their laptops at the tables had they been available.
6) The hotel is feet away from freight trains tracks. This part of the tracks has trains parked. As they arrive and depart one hears a very loud bang.
7) This hotel is the closest to LSU Medical Center. The guests are people who have reason to need informed and pleasant hotel staff and a welcoming and comfortable place to stay. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank 2013traveler
Reviewed 16 February 2013

First, location is not in a good neighborhood. They lock hotel at 7pm for safety. Right next to train tracks and can hear it at night. Walls are very thin, could hear next rooms tv and phone ring. Complained to front desk and nothing was done. Phone was broken in room, found straight pin on floor. Towels were damp, when asked for dry towels, we were told they didn't have anymore towels. We were very dissatisfied with this hotel. Will never stay here again. Night shift employee also had her kids there while she was working.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle K
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Just stayed at the Sleep Inn 1/21/13. My daughter had an interview at LSU Med School. It was clean, quiet and located very close to the medical school. The beds were comfortable and we both got a great nights sleep.
There was a special rate for med school interviews and it came with a a free breakfast for both of us. The breakfast had eggs, sausage, muffins, hot waffles, grits, oatmeal, bagels, cereals, fresh fruit and toast. It was unbelievable. It also had free wireless internet which worked great in our room!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Staff was friendly and my daughter enjoyed the pool.
Walls are thin, kept cutting the air unit on so that I could not hear the tv in the next room. There was a dirty wash rag hanging on the shower curtain rod.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank GraysonLady
Reviewed 6 November 2012

this property looks clean, nice, and new; but when i checked in that night, the staff were so rule and unfriendly. the location is very scary, i was afraid to leave my car alone. other then the unfriendly staff and scary loction i will NEVER stay or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Chaz B
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This property is relatively new and in good condition. The furniture and room coloring is different than most other sleep inn properties, and is much nicer. I had no problems during the stay. Very good value for the money. Also one of the closest hotels to the independence bowl.

Room Tip: backside rooms border the railroad, which is very busy