“cold food, Chef Lee did not care”
Review of Chef Lee's - CLOSED

Chef Lee's
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: is on the intersection of Kings and East 70th streets
Description: is on the intersection of Kings and East 70th streets
Reviewed 3 February 2014

On Sunday February 2nd at 11 am, my family and I (4 adults and one child) went to Chef Lee's for lunch. We had been several times before and had no complaints about the food. However, when we started to eat the food that we had just gotten from the buffet, we realized everything was either cold or lukewarm. Several items seemed like they had just been taken out of the refrigerator. I told the waitress and she just said "you need to take the food from the bottom." She did not offer to get the manager so I went up front and asked for him/her. The lady at the front asked if she could help me. I explained it again to her. She said the same thing. However, she did offer to go get Chef Lee. I explained it for a 3rd time, to him. Once again, he said that we should have taken the food from the bottom. He also said that they cook it at 10 am. I told him that we were not told what to do in order not to get cold food and that maybe his workers should tell people. (I am confused because if they cooked it at 10 am and then put it on the buffet with the hot water underneath and the heat lamps, shouldn't it still be hot or at least warm?) All he said was "what do you want me to do, make more food?" I said "not necessarily, but I did want to bring this to your attention." All he said is "thank you for letting us know" and then he went to the buffet and mixed up some of the food that I said was cold. I have worked as a waitress before and if a customer has a complaint, it is the managers responsibility to show the customer that he/she is concerned about the situation and try to keep them as a customer. We spent $60 for cold food and Chef Lee did not seem to care. We will not be back due to the way the staff handled our complaint and the fact that cold food on the buffet may not be safe. Sadly, this was my son's favorite place to eat.

3  Thank angelray1128

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Nothing special here. There is plenty of food here. Unfortunately, not much of it is good. I think there may have been one dish that I would eat again. The service is average for a buffet. If you want good Chinese food, look elsewhere.

4  Thank Metropop
Reviewed 3 June 2013

good selection but about the same quality as every other chinese buffet out there. The place is pretty busy at lunch time and it is a fairly quick lunch with all items premade.

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Worth every dollar... Loved the shrimp and vegetables and my husband raved about everything. The buffet is kept up and the staff were very helpful. Fresh delicious food will make this our go to stopover in Shreveport.

1  Thank Toledobenders
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Well stocked clean buffet. Choices are good. One of our regular stops when eating out. Nice stop for lunch.