“Nice clean place to stay”

Residence Inn Shreveport Airport
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Very nice place to stay rooms are very clean. Staff is very friendly, we arrived early and my son was sick ask the front desk if we could check in early and it was no problem. This hotel is pet friendly but you couldnt tell there were any animals there. I would stay there again next year no doubt. And if you pay in advance you get a discount. Very nice place and very clean.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
SHVSALESCOORDINATOR, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2011

Thanks for your review and recognition of our outstanding service and beautiful hotel. Come back and stay with us again -- we'll treat you right!

Reviewed 26 June 2011

It's the first time I've stayed at a Residence Inn - but if they are all this well managed - it won't be the last!! I had a Kng Studio and it was great! Comfy Bed, well laid out, and internet connection that was EASY & FAST!
Special Thanks to Ms Wanda in housekeeping and Ms Evalyn (sp?) at the front desk for making me feel special!!! I travel a lot for business and the "coming home" feeling was wonderful!

Room Tip: the rooms on the back side look out on trees
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your response! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your recognition of Wanda & Evelyn's remarkable service to you. They have received your commendation. Please come back to stay with us again, soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2010

I have stayed at Residence Inn several times over the last few months. I have not yet had an experience where every staff person greeted me and made me feel welcome. Every person from desk to cleaning makes it a point to speak to me and smile. It is a very warm and comfortable place to stay. My firm has me stay there quite often and there is a reason we continue to use them for clients who visit Shreveport. Good manager's special in the evening and always a great selection for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2010

This Residence Inn has a nice modern look and decor. The suite was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2010

I was deployed to Shreveport and have stayed at the Residence Inn Shreveport Airport for more than a month so far.

Location:
To locate the Residence Inn, take exit #13 (Monkhouse Dr.) from Interstate 20. Turn northbound onto Monkhouse Dr., away from the airport. Turn left onto W. Monkhouse Dr. (first street on the left after the access road...street sign missing) and the hotel will be across the street from the Days Inn.

Check In:
As you enter the front desk area, the Gatehouse will be to your left. To the right of the front desk is the buisness center and a hallway leading to the cardio room, restrooms, and outdoor pool and hot tub. The front desk staff is very friendly and if you are there long enough, they will come to recognize you and your pets (if applicable).

Gatehouse/Business Center/Breakfast:
The Gatehouse is spacious, and is actually two rooms, divided by the coffee bar. The business center is in a third room, to the right of the front desk. It has one computer, a printer, and furniture surrounding a flat-screen television (smaller TV than is in the Gatehouse). Breakfast is the usual Residence Inn affair: "eggs", sausage, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, etc. Sometimes the evening snack-time has something interesting like pizza rolls or they get barbeque catered.

Workout facilities:
As with most Residence Inn cardio rooms, there was only a handful of equipment:; I have not used the cardio room because I usually take my dog (described below) to Betty Virginia park in Shreveport.

Rooms:
The hotel rooms are nice, and mine was free of any visible wear-and-tear. I had a room that didn't face the Interstate, but it was one of the first rooms on that end of the building; I never heard any highway noise or airport noise, despite the fact that the hotel is almost directly across I-20 from Shreveport Regional Airport (SHV).

Housekeeping:
The Housekeepers are very friendly and do an excellent job in cleaning and re-stocking the rooms. I was very pleased at how well-done the cleaning job was, considering that I brought my retired racing Greyhound with me; after a housekeeping visit (I would take the dog out during that time period), any hair or treat crumbs on the floor were gone and the linens were changed.

Pet Policy:
This hotel is a pet-friendly hotel. They do request a non-refundable pet deposit of $100, which covers you for the duration of your stay (37 days and counting for me). On the property's west side, there is a large dog-walking area with a poop bag station (bags included!) that is well-grassed. Please pick up after your pet and keep in mind that it is not a fenced-in area, even though most of the hotel property is fenced.

Overall:
My stay at the Residence Inn Shreveport Airport was great, as this was a good hotel with above-average service.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
SHVSALESCOORDINATOR, Sales Coordinator at Residence Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2010

Thank you for your response and we appreicate your loyalty to us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 20 July 2009

I stay at this Residence Inn one week each month and it is a favorite of mine. They are amost finished with the remodeling and it looks great. The staff is very accomadating and the breakfast is much better than the free continental breakfasts (or what is called breakfast) at some other chains. It is extremely quiet, with comfortable beds, large flat screen tv's and a full kitchen. Don't be afraid because it is close to Interstate 20 or the airport - you won't hear a thing.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2009

Our group of 16 ladies stayed here this past weekend. We couldn't be more pleased! From Evelyn at the front desk to the lady with the evening snacks, everyone was so helpful and super sweet! Evelyn recommended the restaurant next door and even called ahead for us so they'd be ready for that large of a group. Everyone loved the free breakfast buffet (even the eggs were good!) and said what a good value that was! When you have a group that large, it's hard to please everyone, but I succeeded with the Residence Inn! Special kudos go out to Evelyn! She was awesome!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business