“Great stay.....Enjoyed!”

Residence Inn Shreveport Airport
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

Overall, really enjoyed my stay. Queen suite is spacious. Hotel staff was some of the friendliest I've encountered. Nice social hour with great atmosphere, very relaxing. Great free breakfast, one of the best that I've had. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Allen_C_AFguy

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Just stayed four nights at this wonderful Residence Inn. Two-bedroom, two-bath residence was perfect for our family and was also a great value. Excellent front-desk staff and housekeeping staff, also. We simply felt at home throughout the property. Wal-Mart nearby across the interstate and close-by restaurants. Quiet and homelike, so we'll be back.

Room Tip: Only Shreveport property we found with 2-bdrm, 2-bath residence.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times before because it is my home. In November 2011 I went alone but stayed at the Residence again. Upon my arrival this trip I had more luggage than usual since I was staying longer than we normally do so, one of the desk clerks came out without saying a word and brought the cart and even helped me pack it and pushed it into the hotel. How sweet is that! The hotel is always clean and the staff are always nice. After driving for over 11 hours I was exhausted upon my arrival. As usual the staff was very accommodating and had my reservation waiting. Although we have stayed in this establishment several times the staff is always professional and helpful. Since Shreveport has grown over the years I still have a hard time finding my way around the city. The staff gives me maps, makes suggestions as to where I can find what I'm looking for and also gives me exact directions along with the maps. They make sure that I have the hotel phone number in case I get lost and need help. I did not have the heart to tell them that I had a GPS system since they were so nice.

The one bedroom was clean as always and always well attended by their housekeeping staff. They always ran the dishwasher. My family in Shreveport would always come to visit both mornings and evenings. We would go downstairs to eat and I would always leave a big tip to cover any extra mouths. The hotel staff has not one time scoffed or made any remarks about one of my sisters accompaying me during breakfast or evening social nights. They smiled and helped us as usual.

There are several restaurants in the area to eat and there are also pharmacies, grocery stores for those small items that I always forget and I had a small kitchen so I did not eat out every night but went and stocked up on small items for my stay. Everything that I needed was within 5-10 minutes of the hotel. They also had hotel delivery from some of the local restaurants but I did not partake of them since I also hung out with the family a lot at nite.

We have thought about trying other hotels but decided they are the ones for us.

Room Tip: We have never had a noisy room or really bad view. No problem with A/C noise either.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2011

So we decided to take our Thanksgiving on the road and decided to stay here. We came in on Wednesday and to our surprise they had cooked a very nice Thanksgiving dinner. And IT WAS AWESOME!!!! They even wrapped up us some plates to take back to our room. The staff was soo nice and treated us so well, it was hard to leave. The rooms were also clean and the location was good. It's right off the highway but far enough away that you don't hear all the traffic. I believe it was worth the money and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2011

As usual, the staff are very service minded and helpful. The room was adequate, check-in and out easy. They serve free breakfast + every mon. thru wedn. dinner w/free beer and wine. Unfortunately the food is all of the very unhealthy kind. Small, uninspiring gym. Fairly good soundproofing from surroundings, which for some, mean a lot.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed here one night. It would have been ideal if we were staying for a long visit. Large room. Microwave, fridge (small kitchen). Easy access on/off freeway. Enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning. I must say, the waitress in the breakfast area was fantastic. She was so nice and did an EXCELLENT job. In fact, ALL the staff we encountered were very nice...it's actually what stands out most about our stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I only stay in Marriots, when I have a choice....this is one of the best....excellent staff, very clean, very nice room and an excellent breafast....good location too.

Room Tip: top floor are 2 bedroom suites...very nice
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business