“Thanksgiving 2013”

Residence Inn Shreveport Airport
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here 4 nights with 3 adults kids and their 2 small dogs. Carpet was stained with things other than pet mess (big red stain in living area). Bathroom counters not cleaned before we arrived. Dogs spilled water from their bowl on kitchen floor - when I wiped it up, it was obvious that the floor had not been mopped recently too. Staff was nice and helpful but there was never enough coffee for guests at breakfast. Probably won't stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JillSmitherman
Addie B, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear JillSmiterman-

I want to apologize for the issued that occurred during your stay. We pride ourselves on upholding all Marriott Standards and will speak with Housekeeping and our F&B staff to get these problems resolved asap. I am glad to hear you were satisfied with our staff and hope that you will give us another try on your next visit to Shreveport.

Happy Holidays!

Addie Stephenson

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Two night business stay in Shreveport with an early flight out so I wanted to be near the airport. While I don't regret my hotel selection I learned that near the airport is not an issue in Shreveport. You can stay in town and probably reach the airport in 15 minutes. Regardless, I found this hotel to have customer friendly staff and all the amenities you need for a pleasant stay. Breakfast was usual fare. I did not get to try the evening reception as it is limited to I think two nights a week. Outdoor pool looked nice but it rained while I was there. I probably would not walk in this area. Nothing really nearby. I did find the Louisiana Boardwalk on my second day and took the short drive there to enjoy the outdoors on the river and dinner at one of the many choices there. Nothing wrong with this hotel and the comfort and convenience would bring me back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Had a great one-night stay here with my wife and our seven-month-old son. I've been almost universally impressed with the staff service at Residence Inns lately, but this place was even better than most. Everyone on staff had a friendly greeting for us or asked if they could help with anything, from check-in, to the housekeeping staff we passed in the halls, to the lady cleaning up the breakfast buffet when I went back down to grab more coffee. The room was standard Residence Inn--meaning spacious, clean, and well-equipped. (If you can't tell, I'm a fan of Residence Inns generally.) The whole property looked very well-maintained and had one of the nicer lobby areas for an airport hotel, including a cozy sitting room/library. I'm Marriott Platinum and so they had a welcome goody bag with some snack crackers, some mini-Snickers and a bottle of water--nothing big, but a nice touch. Would definitely stay here again.

Also--the check-in desk clerk recommended Brothers Seafood, the restaurant next door. It looked like a bit of a dive but we walked over anyway and were glad we did; it was great. (See separate review.)

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank soxfanct
cathyp68, General Manager at Residence Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Wow! Thank you so much for all the kind words regarding your stay with us in Shreveport. My team was so thrilled to read your review. As a Marriott Platinum card holder we know you travel A LOT and for you to take the time to recognize us is so special. We look forward to you and your families next visit.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

The Residence Inn Shreveport Airport was a great stay for me! Shreveport has lots to offer but this hotel was exceptional! The front desk agents were super friendly and welcoming! The light evening meal with beer and wine was a great way to refresh after my long drive from New Orleans! The presentation was wonderful and clean! things that I look at carefully! The chef was awesome and friendly asking if the buffet was ok! It was great again! The hotel was immaculately clean, inviting and warm. With the great staff I give this place a thumbs up! and this is my new spot in Shreveport! My previous spot was Courtyard by Marriott!!! Love Marriott!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from elevators and stairwells, as well as outside entry doors
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is a fairly trpical Residence In property. Breakfast was good, scrambled eggs and sausage with toast, fruit, juice. The location was convenient. The staff was extremely friendly and helpfull. Several lights I went out for a walk, and I felt safe. The area is a mix of rural/industrial with a seafood restaurant within walking distance.

Room Tip: I saw no particular reason to prefer any particular floor or side of the property.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Addie B, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear David W-

We are so pleased to hear your trip with us was satisfactory. Our staff's number one goal is to take care of our guests and to show great customer service so I am happy to hear that you felt as through they were helpful and accommodating to you. I hope that you will choose the Residence Inn again on your next trip to Shreveport!

Kindest Regards,

Addie Stephenson

Reviewed 22 August 2013

our insurance company recomended this place-we stayed for 3 months all was fine untill the last month of our stay.first let me note-the night time clerk micheal is great-he shuts down the wild poolside partys real fast-and they do get out of hand-alot of drinking alot of fighting alot of yelling just cant sleep at night,but hes not on every night to control all of this-we would have stayed untill jan or feb 2014-the last night of our stay was horibble-i opened my curtains to see what all the noise was -their was a party -this was way after 10,00 at night-at leat 30 people out there drinking-i opened the curtains-there was a man urinating at my window=the clerk that night-said there is nothing he can do about this-i spoke with the manager cathy the next morning-she suggested i change rooms-i said i will change hotels-so we went elsewhere-this place needs a night time security guard to clean this place up-because the manager cant-i have seen fights in the parking lot.other wise the housekeeping -cooks and maintence are great-also this place is located in a not so good area-this is a party hotel-

Room Tip: Stay away from pool area-lots of partys-glass in the pool
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leslie b
Addie B, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear LeslieB,

Thank you for your comments. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you were caused during your stay. I can assure that the Residence Inn is not a party hotel and we do uphold the Marriott standards. We took care of the situation you mentioned and appreciate you bringing it to our attention while you were in house. If there is anything else we can do for you please let us know and we hope you will give the Residence Inn another try in the future.

Best Regards,

Addie Bentz

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Great place to stay. Great rooms lots of space. My room had a stove, microwave and full size fridge. Just like staying in a small apartment. Great pool. They serve a free breakfast and dinner. A must for long visits. Close to the Shreveport Airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business