“Great One Night Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Fort Irwin, California
“Great One Night Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rooms are spacious. It's good to have a kitchen and a living room. The rooms were clean. Amenities were well stocked. Comfortable beddings. Breakfast was good and it's included in the room. Nice outdoor pool and a hot tub.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kdavis5407
RIBMSport014, Manager at Residence Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Call us when you plan to return and we will be happy to assist you with reservations! Have a great weekend!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I wanted to try a different hotel and after being able to look at the room decided to stay. It was clean and full of everything you would need. Full kitchen, utensils, great fro long stays! I've slept in better beds but it wasn't horrible. Breakfast was good. I was told they had dinner Mon.-Wed and a young man on the elevator said he really enjoyed. I missed it so I don't have much to say. The staff seemed welcoming in the morning however, I didn't favor the night clerk to much. She said a sly remark the didn't sit well with me but I had company and I wasn't about to waste time correcting such an attitude. Next time inform guests that there is a deposit fee of $30 dollars added to the charge of the room and add it to the receipt to keep confusion out of the picture. Assuming that its the amount every room type receives. There I a waffle house in the area so there is somewhere to catch a bite at all times and a place to stop and get snacks. They do also have beverages on sale in the lobby. I would stay again for more than one night. It literally felt like I was visiting someone's apartment.

Room Tip: Great for long term stays.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JanesseN_1
Thank you for your comments about Residence Inn by Marriott Shreveport! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the lack of communication regarding the additional hold on your credit card to cover incidentals. We hope that you will return to see us soon!
Colleyville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The hotel is the only extended stay hotel near the airport and both the hotel and people are nice. The rooms are nice and roomy but some of the fixtures in the room are showing their age. I found the location very good for both an airport location and making sales calls in the Texas and Louisiana area. The breakfast is excellent but they need to offer their social Monday thru Thursday to be in synch with their brother and sister properties.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is very quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RobertSummers
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Let me first say that the staff woman at the front desk was incredibly friendly and warm. I checked in at 10 pm after a long road trip. She was great -- she should get a raise!

Other than that, this is probably the worst Residence Inn I've ever stayed at and probably the second worst Marriott ever. And that's the brand I use for the most part!

The mattress is old and lumpy. The pillows look so grungy I had to wrap mine in a clean bath towel. The carpet is stained and shabby and don't look in the corners or too closely. The furniture needs updating. The room smells musty. The hallways are very dark and depressing. The air conditioning/heating system is loud and rattles.

I mean, yikes, this is bad! I'm shocked a previous reviewer said this place is clean -- unless they are staying in a renovated part of the hotel.

There are no elevators and I was on the 3rd floor with a lot of luggage by myself. The only restaurants/food on this exit are Waffle House or a Subway inside an Exon gas station. I was told drive five miles back from the direction I came in to find something.

You have to drive around the property to get to the entrance. As a single woman, I would not say this feels like the safest place -- the lighting is dim and there aren't a lot of businesses around here.

I only chose this place because it was more highly ranked on tripadvisor than the Marriott Courtyard. I would avoid it!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank wanderer888
cathyp68, General Manager at Residence Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Wanderer888,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your stay at the Residence Inn Shreveport. I am truly sorry that your experience with us was un-favorable. We take great pride in our positive customer scores on cleanliness, service and safety and follow all Marriott standards. I apologize that we did not meet your needs. We do have a guest elevator located in the center of the hotel that is equal distance to all 3 exits and stairwells and also luggage carts for guest use. I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you what a wonderful hotel we have here the next time you're in this area.

Cathy
Ardmore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

this hotel is clean and nice. good area and great price. Had a double charge on our credit card that was reversed upon calling. All good. great for our family! Breakfast was good and the pull out couck was nice.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
cathy p, Manager at Residence Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Wow I love it!! Thank you so much for taking the time to say such kind words about our hotel. My team loves it when we hear feedback from our guests, it's very motivating and makes us happy. I apologize for the billing error but I'm glad we were able to get it corrected quickly for you. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Shreveport.
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Mostly as expected and adequate. Exhaust fan in bathroom very noisy. Needs replacement.
Bed good, room clean and organized.

Breakfast was lacking in that breakfast meat (sausage patties) were gone by 9:15am. All four coffee canisters were empty at 9:15am. Potato/sausage mixture was brought out to replace meat but was ice cold.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
cathy p, Manager at Residence Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking time to respond to your recent stay with us. I appreciate you letting us know about the fan in your room. The issue was corrected immediately. I'm so sorry that we got behind on keeping the breakfast meats on the buffet. Valentines weekend ending up being a busier weekend than planned but I can assure you our breakfast buffet provides plenty of options for everyone to start eating till a specific item can be replenished. Thank you again and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you we deserve a "5" rating.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here 4 nights with 3 adults kids and their 2 small dogs. Carpet was stained with things other than pet mess (big red stain in living area). Bathroom counters not cleaned before we arrived. Dogs spilled water from their bowl on kitchen floor - when I wiped it up, it was obvious that the floor had not been mopped recently too. Staff was nice and helpful but there was never enough coffee for guests at breakfast. Probably won't stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JillSmitherman
Addie B, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear JillSmiterman-

I want to apologize for the issued that occurred during your stay. We pride ourselves on upholding all Marriott Standards and will speak with Housekeeping and our F&B staff to get these problems resolved asap. I am glad to hear you were satisfied with our staff and hope that you will give us another try on your next visit to Shreveport.

Happy Holidays!