“Great Place to Stay!”

Ranked #29 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Port Sulphur, Louisiana
“Great Place to Stay!”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed here with a high school wrestling team for a 2 day tournament. (December 27 & 28, 2013) I cringed when I heard that the coach had reserved rooms here, but as a parent supporting my son, I wanted to be in the same hotel. I was nicely surprised at check in. The hotel and rooms were clean with nice amenities. The rooms were a bit small, but had everything we needed. The hotel is right on I-20 in Shreveport, but there was no noise. The staff, however, is top notch. I would give them 10 stars! The clerks, Jennifer Tanner and Nette B Brown were amazing! These ladies were helpful and friendly to a fault. Corinna H. and M. Jenkins, (housekeeping) were also wonderful. Everyone at this hotel exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Mini Fridge & microwave in rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Atlanta
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Terrific motel. Excellent rates. Bright & clean & spacious room, almost a suite. Lovely choice of paintings on walls. Double sheets covering blanket (you are covered by clean sheets not "questionable blanket cleanliness"). Comfortable bed. Lots of pens & pads. Good smell. Lovely breakfast area & amazing variety EXCEPT no eggs (my only criticism).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel which is located right off I-20 not too terribly far from the Shreveport Regional Airport. At first I was worried that noise from traffic on I-20 was going to keep me awake, but the soundproofing in the room was adequate. Breakfast was pretty predictable, the outdoor swimming pool was pretty small, only went down to five feet at its deepest point. The rooms are okay maybe a bit worn in places, the carpets had some mystery stains, probably nothing too health hazardous. Other than that the hotel passes my criteria.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Tri-Cities, TN
Reviewed 16 December 2013

On a recent cross country jaunt, nightfall found us in Shreveport. Hubby is a great fan of the hotel coupons you find along your route, so this evening the choice was Howard Johnson. To say I was dubious is an understatement. Not to worry, our room was clean and attractive, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was satisfactory. I saw them exhibit kindness to an active duty military member, and my request for extra coffee were accommodated.. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat, it was a comfortable evening on a long and rain soaked drive, and I appreciated it! I understand they are scheduled for a renovation in the next few months, it should be even better.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family