“Just can't do it”

Sam's Southern Eatery
Ranked #25 of 515 Restaurants in Shreveport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Criticize me all you want but, although the food is fair at best, it's a restaurant claiming to serve American food but most of the food is imported and it's owned by Arabs. Somewhere in there I just can't "cast my pearls before swine" by giving my hard earned American dollars to someone that imports their American food and sends half my American dollars back home to their mother country. Sorry. I'm just too patriotic.

7  Thank Scottdbaby

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Love the seafood here. Large portions and very tasty. Biggest shrimp I ate so far. The prices are very reasonable. I will be going back

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We visited Sam's yesterday, and wow! Love the fried catfish, service is fast and friendly and the atmosphere is great. Quite possibly the best fried catfish we have ever eaten, and the prices are very reasonable. The portions are so large, you will probably need a 'doggie bag'. We had our fish with sides of french fries, hush puppies, and fried okra....ok, I know, fried, fried and fried, but oh, what a treat!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I am only reviewing the food here as I haven't been to the restaurant; however, every time I visit my sister in Shreveport, we get some of this catfish to go. My sister brings it home much to the delight of my whole family. My wife, who doesn't even like catfish, really loves this place. We ususally get the grilled which is odd since most catfish I eat is fried; the grilled catfish is the way to go though. The spices are great and the shrimp you can order on the side is awesome. I would visit more often; however I live in TN and don't get to LA but a few times a year.

1  Thank Jacquie-David
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Ate here again, stuffed shrimp were pretty horrible and stodgy but fried shrimp and fish were excellent. Service was fast and friendly and you really can't fault the speed or quality or value for money - great place for a great feed.

Rob