“Great time for all”

Sci-Port Discovery Center
Ranked #3 of 65 things to do in Shreveport
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sci-Port Discover Center is a 92,000 square-foot science and entertainment center made up of Louisiana’s Space and Science Center, Power of Play Children’s Museum (POP) and Louisiana’s only IMAX® Dome Theater. Louisiana’s Space and Science Center includes over 200 hands-on exhibits, interactive programs and demonstrations and the Sawyer Space Dome Planetarium. POP is a kid-sized Shreveport-Bossier where kids ages 8 and under can learn through the power of play. The IMAX® Dome Theater immerses guests in award-winning films through state-of-the-art technology. Center accolades include Best Science Attraction for Kids in Louisiana, Attraction of the Year in Louisiana, and one of Parents magazine top ten science centers in the nation. Sci-Port is a member of the Association of Science-Technology Centers, the Association of Children’s Museums and the LA Space Consortium. The Center is located at 820 Clyde Fant Parkway on the downtown Shreveport Riverfront.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had an excellent time at this museum. The kids really enjoyed all of the activities, and the adults got to have some fun too! We made paper airplanes fly through hoops and we got to spin around on a stool and make ourselves move with a bicycle wheel. We lifted ourselves up with a rope lever. The museum was a great way to spend an afternoon for all.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I go to Shreveport about every three months to see my granddaughter and I bought a season pass to Sci-Port....admits four people each visit. She loves going there and they seem to have at least one new exhibit every time we go. Sci-Port is hands on for kids. The lego exhibit has an area with tables and chairs where the kids can build with legos. There were also castles in cases that had been built by master lego builders which allowed the kids to see what can be built. The kids can dig in sand to form a channel that will allow little plastic boats to float from one end of a water exhibit to another. There is a lock system that shows kids how ships can travel from higher water to lower water. That is just a few of her favorites...there are too many to list. She loves going to Sci-Port, it is educational, and it is hands on. It is money well spent.

If you live in the area they do have summer camps for the kids. They also have an IMAX there and I believe they do birthday parties. Enjoy!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I could have stayed & set up the entire domino display. It looked like so much fun but my hubby was not into sitting at one display that long.

1  Thank TXEarp
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I absolutely loved it. TONS of things to see and do. My wife and I often took turns watching our son so that we could do the activities! I would go back with the family, with my wife, or even alone! Doing everything in there can easily take up the greater part of a day!

1  Thank Todd V
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

This science museum is full of fun, hands-on exhibits for all ages. It is entertaining and educational. They also have an IMAX theater that everyone should experience at least once. The museum also hosts renowned one-of-a-kind traveling exhibits that shouldn't be missed.

1  Thank Rhonda S