“Not worth the money” 1 of 5 bubbles

Shreveport LA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Went to lunch on Mansfield Road and ordered a roast beef po-boy and my wife ordered steamed crab. There were TWO slices of meat on the po-boy and the crab was served with liquid, buttery flavored OIL.., Way over priced for what you get. Will not be returning.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Cheftiger

Logansport, Louisiana
“Authentic Cajun food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

The deep fried jalepeno's and fried green tomatos were great. the seafood gumbo was delicious. Very casual dining experience.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank dejimita
Greenwood, Louisiana
“Food is good and service was great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Although the food is quite good it just isn't served hot enough. Maybe it had something to do with there being 10 in our party, I don't know...we weren't all served at the same time so can't imagine that was the problem:) French fries need to be hot, not room temp. The cat fish I ordered was excellent and another friend ordered oysters that she said were excellent. The food just isn't served warm enough.

The atmosphere at Shane's is very good, and our server was excellent. She did all she could to serve us and make us happy. A server just can't make cold fries hot!!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Cheated me!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Cheated me out of more than a pound of crawfish!! Of course I didn't know it until I got home. I called and they said I had to bring it back in so they could weigh it. It wasn't worth the time and gas to go that far. I think they should move the scales to the front where you can see them weigh it like the other places do. Absolutely will NOT be ordering from them for myself or hiring them to cater for my company parties again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank geauxgigi
Spicewood, TX
“Disappointing, but I'll go back and try again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Ordered the gumbo and salad bar, all-you-can-eat.

The chicken and sausage gumbo was not good. There was no sausage in it and the chicken was all ground up. The roux was excellent though.

You can't serve yourself at the salad bar; someone dishes it out for you. They put way too much dressing on my salad and ruined it. The broccoli was floating in water; I wanted some, but not 'floaters.'

I had the red beans and rice. It was as good as any I have had, and I travel south Louisiana (a different bowl of gumbo every meal) frequently.

I'll go back and try the catfish.

Visited January 2012