and 1 more site!
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I was here on business for a few weeks and the hotel was amazing! The bed was extremely comfortable and cozy!! The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They greeted us with a smile every time you walk in the door. We did have some odd request but they assisted us ever time. The pool and gym were a great treat to have access to. Overall this was one of the best hotel I've ever had to stay in for business and if I find myself in the area on a personal matter I will be staying here.

Room Tip: All the room have a different theme and each one is amazing.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

My best friend and I met in Shreveport (midway between Dallas and LaFayette) for a girls weekend. The Remington was the absolute perfect place for our stay. The place is loaded with charm and character, and is incredibly refreshing and quiet. The rooms are very nice, and very spacious. It was great to have one room for visiting and an entire separate space for sleeping, dressing, bathrooms, etc. We were able to totally relax at the Remington. I enjoyed wine and cheese during the cocktail hour, and took several dips in the hot tub. The staff was awesome the entire time---giving up tips on where to dine, and providing us with anything we forgot from home.

We went next door to the Stray Cat to drink and sing to the jukebox one night, and we spent several hours at the El Dorado another night---just to blow off some steam.

The Remington is a great location. Great staff. Great rooms. Great ambiance. A VERY welcome respite from what you're used to finding in Shreveport.

This is where we'll now stay every time we're in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JenDeSaegher
Homer, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Approximately 20 friends and family members stayed at the Remington over my daughters wedding weekend. Everyone loved the unique and spacious rooms with luxurious accommodations like spa tubs and fluffy robes. The staff was extremely helpful with the special needs of my guests. Couldn't ask for a better experience. We are all ready to return simply to relax! Thank you Remington and Staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Christina G
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed here over the weekend to celebrate my wife's birthday. She really likes the boutique style hotels, and being this was the only one in Shreveport it was an easy decision. From the time we walked in to the time we checked out, we were both very pleased with the attention to detail and the simple elegance. Our room was a split-level suite with a spiral staircase adjoining the down (living area) and up (bed/bath). This was a fun quirk for us, and luckily we are slender enough and light enough on our feet that it wasn't a problem, but a word to the wise - the spiral staircase could be devastating for those who are obese, drunk, or some combination thereof.

The robes were plush, the bed was amazing, the jacuzzi tub a nice touch. Location was great, as it was easy to pop over to Sam's or El Dorado for some gaming, but far enough out of the way that you are not constantly mired in the depths of depravity you might experience at even your upscale hotel/casino accommodations. We called for a late check-out and got it extended until 1:00pm, but then at 12:20 were called from the front desk and encouraged to make like a tree and get out of there. Overall it was a very relaxing and rewarding experience, and I would plan on doing it again just if to slip into the micro-fibre bath robe just one more time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank foremanna
Jacksonville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We have stayed here twice recently (August and November 1-3). The first time was for one night in a deluxe room and the second was in a deluxe suite. We met friends and had a great time on both stays. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I came in from the casino one night about 2am and the front desk clerk got me a hot cup of tea. The deluxe suite is great with a separate living area and mini kitchen. It's very quiet and I slept like a baby. The lobby decor has a cool, mid-century modern vibe and we did hang out in the common areas. The complimentary breakfast has a fresh, hot, quiche-like casserole and a hot cinnamon bread pudding. I wish I had those recipes! They also have fresh breads, muffins, fruit, bagels, yogurt, cereal, coffee, teas, juices...what more could you want? The hotel is in easy walking distance to many restaurants, casinos and the Boardwalk and new Margaritaville are just across the bridge. We walked there but you could grab a cab or drive. I've stayed in many hotels and I wish there was a Remington in every city!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed here recently on business and it's simply not designed for the business traveler. Here are the pros and cons:

PROS
1. Funky and fun little boutique hotel
2. Every room is a suite
3. Every room is different
4. Nice beds (not great pillows though)
5. Fridge and microwave included
6. Whirlpool tub included
7. Great lighting
8. Fun, funky decor
9. BIG rooms
10. Nice cable line up
11. Spa on site
12. Bathrobes in the room (always a nice plus)
13. Good internet signal and it was free
14. Small saltwater pool

CONS
1. Not within walking distance of very many things like dining, convenience stores, etc.
2. Not impressed with the staff; neither super helpful nor super friendly.
3. Super outdated decor in the common areas
4. Breakfast is basically worthless. The fruit (the apples, etc) are clearly not replenished with fresh daily and look a little worn after a couple of days. Go elsewhere for breakfast.
5. Really need a car if you stay here.
6. No onsite food, other than the mediocre breakfast and two vending machines. In other words, no room service.
7. Bathrooms are dated but still okay. Jacuzzi in my room was old and needed a good scrubbing.
8. Fitness room is just okay.
9. The lobby is kind of a mess and has a bad atmosphere. I would never 'hang out' there to eat the breakfast as it's really rather depressing. No music, bad layout, just odd.

If I were staying here with my family and had a car, I think it would be fine. But for business, it's not a great place. I will not stay here again. There are more full service hotels (that I need when I am traveling on business) and that's where I will stay when i return.

Again, if you are NOT on business, I think you'd be fine. Otherwise, you may want to consider alternate choices such as the Hilton a couple of blocks away. I'll be there next time I come to Shreveport.

Room Tip: All the rooms are completely different. Some face brick walls; I even heard some have no windows at...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank TravelMommy1
Jeremy T, General Manager at The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
We would like to thank you for choosing The Remington Suite Hotel & Spa during your recent stay in Shreveport. Thank you for your comments regarding our historic property and Shreveport’s only historic boutique hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our guests.

Built in 1905 we are formerly the Morris & Dixon warehouse which was transformed into a boutique hotel. The décor throughout The Remington is world-class and emulates the luxury that an international traveler would expect. Rooms are individually decorated – no two are alike
– and each contains custom-ordered king-size beds, over-sized Jacuzzi baths, luxurious
his-and-hers bathrobes, and a kitchenette including a mini-refrigerator, microwave and
a Keurig coffee maker. A premium continental breakfast is a daily offering, delish hot breakfast on the weekends and hot dinner on Sunday night, as well as
complimentary wireless internet for our frequent business travelers.

Again we thank you for your comments and allowing us to host you during your recent stay in the Shreveport area. Thanks for “Remembering the Remington” .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shreveport
Hilton Shreveport
Chateau Suite Hotel, Downtown Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
Hilton Garden Inn Shreveport
#10 of 37 in Shreveport

Been to The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport? Share your experiences!