“Very poor housekeeping”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shreveport
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Shreveport
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at holiday inn because I have always been happy with the chain......until now.
The front desk staff was helpful, but I have never seen such poor housekeeping in a hotel like this. The toilet was left with poop splatter on the toilet for an entire week. I had to call down to the front desk because housekeeping never left me any soap. I called down and they said someone would be right up. They never showed up.
Positive note. The breakfast was nice.
I know this hotel is not the norm for a holiday inn, but if you're staying in Shreveport, this is not the place to stay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Gregdglen
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Glen G,

We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

Karen G.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

During my stay, the internet was almost unusable due to how slow it was. Not so good for those of us traveling on business who need the internet when we're back at the hotel. In addition, there were no open power outlets near the bed or within reach of the bed. I had to unplug a lamp to be able to plug in my phone on the nightstand.

Breakfast was not good. There was no hot food out when I arrived at the breakfast room at 7:15am. The pancake machine was also either not turned on or not functioning. When the hot food did come out, the eggs looked unappetizing and the sausage patty I bit into was cold.

For the good, the front desk staff is very friendly and welcoming. And the tile and grout in the hallway floors and bathroom had just been steamcleaned as I arrived, so everything was very clean. They do have a small reception until 6pm, but there was only Light beers and some chicken salad and rolls...so I skipped that.

Stayed 1/15-1/17

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear RamblingManTN,

Thank you for your review. I’m happy to hear you found our hotel clean and the staff friendly and welcoming. It is unfortunate we fell short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. I have taken note of your comments regarding the internet and breakfast services. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the quality of products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This was a plan B stop because of weather. Location is excellent and pets are allowed. The front desk staff member was professional, polite and helpful. The outside temperature was at freezing. When turning on the room heater a burning chemical smell (commercial deoderizer and funk) filled room 401. I had to open the window because I was coughing. I attempted to clean the vents on the unit. I called the front desk with my cell phone because the room phone didn't work. The employee said some of the phones are not programmed correctly. I was given another room (407) that turned out to be worse. There was a dripping sound in the bathroom which I would have ignored if I could have tolerated the odors (mildew/mold/burning chemicals). No other room was available. I chose to leave this hotel than stay and freeze or wheeze. There is no excuse for the complete lack of maintenance on the ac/heater unit. I was not charged.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear APraline2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We regret you were unable to stay with us due to the problems encountered with the heater in the rooms. We will be addressing the matter with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future. We appreciate your honest feedback as it is crucial to improve the products and services we offer.

Myrna M

Reviewed 24 November 2013

There were no scary surprises and every single person working there was polite and helpful. room was quiet and beds felt great. breakfast is the typical fare at a small hotel, and items were fresh and well stocked. I think I will continue to seek out Holiday Inn express when traveling.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my fiancee in King spa suite; room was very clean staff very good and free wifi. Room was quiet and breakfast good. I will stay here again as it was great! boardwalk is a short drive away

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The room was very clean, prompt service at front desk (this time), didn't walk out of breakfast bar still hungry but.....probably the most bland breakfast food I have ever had at Holiday Inn, but hey it's a hotel not a restaurant. Very comfy bed!!! We were on 4th floor and water pressure wasn't terrible but.....lots of hot water.

Didn't notice until undressed to shower that maid service had not left us fresh towels....but hey things happen...

We will definitely stay here again mainly because it's closest to family when visiting Shreveport...

Room Tip: Room 420 is far from elevators, large king room, very clean and fresh smelling...will request next t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I generally stay at this HIE in Shreveport because of their really great beds. Our second choice is the nearby Hampton Inn but we prefer the breakfast at HIE. This year I desired to splurge on a suite made sure to request top floor. Upon opening the door we were hit with a strong smell of mildew/mold. We searched around the room but found no sign of mildew. My husband then wanted to get ice but the bucket was nowhere to be found. Only the tray and bucket top were In the room. He had to go downstairs to find an ice bucket. Since we were tired we opened the window, turned off the air conditioner and went to bed. This was a very last minute trip and I needed to iron the next morning. The iron had a burnt on coating and only stuck to my clothing. When I called the desk they said they would notify the cleaning crew. I asked if they would bring a working iron to the room and was told the cleaning crew did not arrive until 10 am and until then there was nothing they could do. We had to be at our destination by 10 am so I told her not to bother. She called back a few minutes later and told my husband she had found an iron but he would need to come downstairs to retrieve it. We went to breakfast at 9:15 and found only a sad, cold looking piece of sausage and a equally sad egg thing (omelet?). All of the warm breakfast items were gone. We decided to eat elsewhere. When we returned to our room later, a cleaning lady told us she had not had a chance to do our room yet. I took the opportunity to ask her to step into the room and tell me if all the rooms had the same mildew odor. She seems visibly shocked by the smell and asked if we would like to speak to her supervisor. The supervisor never came, and after about 30 minutes we had to leave. When we stepped out another another cleaning lady was outside the next room. I asked her if she knew anything about the supervisor visiting our room. She claimed to be the supervisor and came into the room. By then we had determined the air conditioner was the source of the smell and pointed it out to her. We were told there was nothing she could do and the maintenance man had already left for the day. This was at 2:30 pm. She also said all the rooms were full so I asked her to just please report the mildew smell to management. We had to go out for the remainder of the day so purchased room deoderizer/disinfectant spray for our return. When we returned later that night we found our ice bucket had not been emptied, there was no bath mat and only decaffeinated coffee. The next morning we went to breakfast much earlier and again found several empty cases. Pam apologized to us and said she had run out of some items such as bacon and eggs and would cook some more, once it arrived, even if she had to pay for it herself. She went to several tables apologizing for the lack of food. It was obvious that the hotel management put a limit on the breakfast and poor Pam had to take the heat for it. This is last time we will stay at HIE in Shreveport. Next trip we will stay at Hampton Inn!

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Linda B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Linda B,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received and the breakfast service. We don't want any guest inconvenienced and rest assured that your comments will be used for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can better serve you next time.

Connie D